Live Chat

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

Live Chat

Postby Christina on February 3rd, 2006, 5:37 pm

On another thread I was wondering why there is no live chat room at AboutBFS.com. I think it would be great even if it was only once a week.

Is there anyway that this site could have one?? Does anyone know about these things? I am not that internet savvy.

Just wondering. Also wondering if anyone else would be interested in a live chat.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Mork on February 3rd, 2006, 5:45 pm

ahhh Christina, I'll talk to you! :D
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on February 3rd, 2006, 6:05 pm

Thanks Mork !! :wink:
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Ginlyn on February 9th, 2006, 9:18 pm

Hi Christina!

Hope all is going well with you.

I proposed this idea a while ago, I would LOVE live chat, but we don't have it because it has something to do with the expense and bandwith, etc.,

Maybe we could ask John Voorhis again? (he is the owner of the site)

Where in New York do you reside? My husband is from NY

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on February 10th, 2006, 9:49 am

Hi Ginny,

I am on Long Island (Nassau County). Where does your hubby hail from?

I think it would be fun to have a live chat....but now that you mention it, I guess it would be expensive to enable this site with that technology. I am so not a technical kind of computer girl, I leave that to my kids. Whenever I ask them a question they roll their eyes back in their heads and look at me like I am an idiot.

Well...maybe we can all have an aim chat one day...what do you think? We have a lot of computer pro's on here, any input?

C
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Mendota on February 10th, 2006, 12:21 pm

I dunno... I think you can have group chats on various instant messengers, can't you? I think it is a great idea. There have been times when I felt I just needed some real-time conversation with someone who knew what I was talking about for a reality check.

Maybe we could put together an informal collection of IMs for a sort of network. I would be happy to supply my AIM info to anyone here.
In case of panic, click and watch to very end...
http://weebls-stuff.com/flash/badger.swf
BFS going on five years and not dead yet.
Mendota
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Mork on February 10th, 2006, 12:28 pm

In windows messenger someone adds a new group, drags the contacts in and hey presto! :) (well I think that's all there is to it as I've never actually had group...conversations!)
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Mork on February 10th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Okay, well Mendota has PM'd me his AIM details, so it looks like I'm going to be hosting it :shock: So if anyone is interested in a live chat send me your details then we'd better have a mutually agreed time to meet up, bearing in mind I'm in the UK and there's a time difference! (although I'm happy to run it on my machine with or without my input :) )
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Mendota on February 10th, 2006, 1:29 pm

Sounds good. A couple of other thoughts. I know there is a Java (I think)chat program that I have seen on other sites. But I also think it is good to be able to have addresses available for just "drop in" chats, or for those times when someone needs to be talked out of a incipient panic attack.

I don't want to publicize my AIM address on the net, but we can swap 'em among ourselves.
In case of panic, click and watch to very end...
http://weebls-stuff.com/flash/badger.swf
BFS going on five years and not dead yet.
Mendota
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Guest on February 10th, 2006, 2:46 pm

I don't want to publicize my AIM address on the net...

I didn't want to have to think up an AIM address that isn't already taken (without appending 6 digits). I know there are Messager/MSN to AIM gateways (like Jabber), but I suppose those might need an AIM address/account on the other side anyway.

Postby wjjw on February 10th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Me.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby mml on February 10th, 2006, 7:53 pm

I would love to join your chats but I am clueless as to how to do it. Could someone explain? Christina I am worse then you on the computer my kids stoppped rolling their eyes now they disappear when I say I need help with the computer I will endever to get my son to help all kidding aside he will set me up just never takes the time to explain what he is doing.
mml
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Mork on February 11th, 2006, 7:55 am

Hi everyone, I've set up a chat site here:

http://www.chatzy.com/156286689961

The password is: orange

Feel free to invite people in and have a chat and we'll see how it works.

Please send me some feedback if you think it's any good and if you don't think it is I'll try an alternative.

Mork.
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on February 11th, 2006, 7:15 pm

Hey Mork,
As soon as I read your post I went to the site. No-one was there, but I did see that others had been there.

If you guys pick a convenient night...maybe we can try to see how many people we can get to "stop" in for a chat.

Thanks guys! I think it is a great thing.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby mml on February 11th, 2006, 8:28 pm

As I said I am not to good on the computer yet I did go to chat room I don't think anyone was there but I was not sure how to get out so I just closed my browser. Is that the correct thing to do? I look forward to talking with you all soon.
mml
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics