Shaking/trembling sensation

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Shaking/trembling sensation

Postby DavidG on May 17th, 2003, 3:08 am

I do have the occasional fascis that I can feel in several parts of my body, but the thing that is driving me nuts in the slight shaking/trembling that I'm having, especially when I'm in bed at night. This slight shaking feeling is enough to keep me awake at night and my wife says she can feel me shaking. The shaking is predominantly in my upper body - chest & back & neck and not in the extremities and it's pretty continous. Another way to describe it is like a fine quivering feeling. It's just so frustrating due mostly to keeping me from getting to sleep. These symptoms just don't feel like the typical BFS ones that are usually twitches in specific areas. What I'm dealing with is a shaking/trembling/quivering that occurs from the waste area up through the chest, back & neck. Any replies are greatly coveted.
DavidG

Postby Jenn311 on May 17th, 2003, 8:56 am

Hey David,

Have you seen your doctor about this? I get trembling, too...but mostly only when I am exerting that muscle. Sounds odd....
~jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Re: Shaking/trembling sensation

Postby KERRI on May 17th, 2003, 12:05 pm

DavidG wrote:I do have the occasional fascis that I can feel in several parts of my body, but the thing that is driving me nuts in the slight shaking/trembling that I'm having, especially when I'm in bed at night. This slight shaking feeling is enough to keep me awake at night and my wife says she can feel me shaking. The shaking is predominantly in my upper body - chest & back & neck and not in the extremities and it's pretty continous. Another way to describe it is like a fine quivering feeling. It's just so frustrating due mostly to keeping me from getting to sleep. These symptoms just don't feel like the typical BFS ones that are usually twitches in specific areas. What I'm dealing with is a shaking/trembling/quivering that occurs from the waste area up through the chest, back & neck. Any replies are greatly coveted.

David,

Are they continuous or when you are positioned in a certain way, sometimes I feel like I am shaking, when I have been sitting at my desk for a while. I have not heard of this, you should ask your Doctor. Mine is more postural or exertion.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby fastpage on May 19th, 2003, 11:21 am

I have something that sounds similar. I get very small vibrating sensations in my side, pecs, biceps, and even face. They are so small that I really don't feel anything during the day, but if I lie down at night I can distictly feel these small vibrations. They are pretty much continuous. Two GPs have told me not to worry about them. I will also discuss this with the neuro on June 25th and let you know what he says-but, again, I wouldn't worry too much. I would mention it to the Dr. though. Let me know how you're doing and I'll do the same. --Graig
fastpage

Postby DavidG on May 19th, 2003, 11:29 pm

Thanks for the replies. I get the shaking feeling primarily when I'm sitting at the computer and when I'm in bed. It can be in my waste/hip area and up my back and shoulders. I do not feel this slight shaking is BFS, though I do get twitches in various places from time to time. I also get several mild myoclonic jerks when I'm in bed at night as well. If I'm laying on my side, then that same side will often mildly jolt and this can happen every few minutes or so. Between the mild jolts and shaking, sleep has been very hard to come by. I can't help but wonder if my thyroid may be the problem. I run a low body temp, especially lately. This morning it was only 94.5 and hasn't been getting above 97.5 during the day, combined with some neck pain. I don't have a lot of the other hypothyroid symptoms, but I do have the insomnia, weight gain & some dry skin. Unfortunately, the Dr. did do the typical thyroid panel about 3 wks. ago and it came back normal. I've heard of Wilson's Sydrome where people run low body temps but have normal thyroid blood tests, etc. I'm going to call a few in my area who treat for Wilson's.
DavidG

Postby sheilainsa on June 30th, 2003, 7:54 am

Hi David

I'm new here but your symptoms sound exactly like mine, a few twitches and the upper-body tremors, left hand tremor,and the occasional hand/foot/leg jolts. Not mainly at night though.

I got checked out for thyroid and other blood tests- all clear, then did the panic and then the neurologist/EMG thing, and he suggested BFS. He even saw the trembling, which I don't do all the time.

Mostly its very slight trembling, but when I do yoga my legs shake so much its quite embarassing.

Like everyone else with these very strange symptoms I still wonder what's the cause. They come and go but never stay away long.

Great site though.
sheilainsa
Interested
Interested

Postby uber on June 30th, 2003, 10:07 am

yep this is starting to get more into the description of my problems, the shaking and trembling feelings...Wilsons Disease is inherited (i think) so looking at your family history would be important for that :)

Other things some of you should be looking at is the ammount of time you spend sitting in front of the computer in the same posture and what kind of back damage it can cause, thats not even mentioning possible RSI and RLS too :\
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on June 30th, 2003, 8:46 pm

Fastpage-

I read that you had an appt on the 25th...wondering how it went and if you got your questions answered?

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dwpierce on September 4th, 2003, 9:43 pm

I get the same, but can be in mainly legs.
I asked my kids to feel my legs as I lay on the coach to see if they could feel them vibrate. They could not. My internalist dx'ed me with RLS. I have been in doubt as I don't feel the urge to move them they just internally vibrate when I lay down but this goes away within a few minutes of rest.
Dave
dwpierce

Postby Arron on September 4th, 2003, 10:26 pm

I get the shaking too... jerks and jolts on occasion as well. Some are mild and some are wild. Sometimes I shake and sometimes I don;t. On some occasions (although pretty rare) I've had hand and arm shakes so bad that it would spill my coffee and I've had leg shakes so bad (for short periods) that it was like trying to stand up during a big earth quake. These are usually after exerting myself. But at night, while sitting at my computer, I can feel my body shake in sync with my heart beat sometimes. It's more like a slight swaying back and forth. My lower jaw rattles against my teeth when I rest my head on my hand while putting a slight gap between my front teeth. It's like chattering teeth when you're freezing cold, only not as pronounced. I've had this since the twitches started.
Arron

Postby Jenn311 on September 4th, 2003, 10:57 pm

Hey I get the teeth chattering thing too!

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby eric on September 30th, 2003, 10:03 pm

DavidG wrote:Thanks for the replies. I get the shaking feeling primarily when I'm sitting at the computer and when I'm in bed. It can be in my waste/hip area and up my back and shoulders. I do not feel this slight shaking is BFS, though I do get twitches in various places from time to time. I also get several mild myoclonic jerks when I'm in bed at night as well. If I'm laying on my side, then that same side will often mildly jolt and this can happen every few minutes or so. Between the mild jolts and shaking, sleep has been very hard to come by. I can't help but wonder if my thyroid may be the problem. I run a low body temp, especially lately. This morning it was only 94.5 and hasn't been getting above 97.5 during the day, combined with some neck pain. I don't have a lot of the other hypothyroid symptoms, but I do have the insomnia, weight gain & some dry skin. Unfortunately, the Dr. did do the typical thyroid panel about 3 wks. ago and it came back normal. I've heard of Wilson's Sydrome where people run low body temps but have normal thyroid blood tests, etc. I'm going to call a few in my area who treat for Wilson's.

it may be lyme disease, low body temp,jerks,tremers,insomnia . get checked! when lyme invades the body it changes the body temp because it cant duplicate as well at 98 and up
eric
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management