emg testing and other bfs related questions (for aaron)

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

emg testing and other bfs related questions (for aaron)

Postby stardust on May 17th, 2003, 12:40 am

Hello, I am soooo glad I found this site!!!! I know you have probably heard that a million times but I am so serious when I say that. Your bfs in a nutshell has helped me out tremendously. Anyway enough of that. I wanted to ask how long after twiching would an emg show that you had als. I know I know twitching comes after weakness, but lets just say someone had twitching first. How long after the twitching would something show up on an emg. I started twitching in Feb and got an emg in march like exactly 4 weeks after I started twitching. The emg was normal and I haven't had any weakness, just random twitches and buzzing with some soreness in my legs, shoulders, and arms. So if I did have something wrong would the emg show something as early as 4 weeks? If you have already answered a question like this before sorrry.
stardust

EMG RESULT

Postby KERRI on May 17th, 2003, 4:28 am

I know you had asked for a reply from Aaron but until then let me tell you what I have read. By the time you start twitching if you had any thing bad like MND then it would have been present several months before the twitching began, and the emg would reflect the damage. So, if it was completely normal that is a very good sign.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby 25 on May 17th, 2003, 10:50 am

Go back and look at some of the older posts. Arron and others have talked about this very thing a lot and in detail in the past. Basically, if your emg is normal, you have nothing to worry about! I keep hanging on to that thought, even though it's very difficult at times. My twitching started in February (even though I had some random twitching earlier) and I had my emg done in march. I too, was afraid that maybe it was done "too early", but Arron and others have reassured me that it can't be too early if you already have had symptoms (ie twitching).
Good luck and try to stay positive. God knows it's been difficult for me lately.
Sandy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management