EXERCISE INTOLERANCE

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EXERCISE INTOLERANCE

Postby KERRI on May 9th, 2003, 10:07 pm

:?: I DO NOT USUALLY WORK OUT HARD, BUT LATELY I HAVE BEEN GOING TO A TRAINER AND HE PUSHES ME TO THE LIMIT. THE NEXT DAY I FIND THAT MY ARMS AND LEGS ARE SHAKY WHEN I TRY TO HOLD A BAG OF GROCERIES FOR TO LONG FOR EXAMPLE. DO YOU GUYS GET THIS STUFF

KERRI
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on May 10th, 2003, 7:32 am

Kerri...

Yeah all the time if I push my muscles, which is quite often with having to carry around a 35 lb. baby all the time! Just another exacerbation of the BFS stuff.
~Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby lee on May 10th, 2003, 11:19 am

Kerri,

I get the shakes all the time after I exercise or hold something heavy for a period of time. I also get shaky legs sometimes when I'm driving so I just move the seat up and it seems to help.

When I get these shakes sometimes I just want to stop being active because it seems like I pay for it afterwards but I know that being stagnant it unhealthy too! I guess you can't win sometimes!

Lee
lee
Interested
Interested

Postby Davidd on May 10th, 2003, 9:40 pm

Kerri--

What you are experiencing is not necessarily related to BFS. I think that many people experience the same shaky feeling after they've worked out. I know that when I push myself with the stomach excersises my legs actually shake during the exercise (I lay on the ground and raise both legs just slightly off the ground and try to hold it there for 20 seconds or so). I also find that the day after running, I generally have slight shakiness in my legs.

Don't stop exercising though...it really helps in dealing with stress!

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

THANKS

Postby KERRI on May 12th, 2003, 5:57 am

Davidd wrote:Kerri--

What you are experiencing is not necessarily related to BFS. I think that many people experience the same shaky feeling after they've worked out. I know that when I push myself with the stomach excersises my legs actually shake during the exercise (I lay on the ground and raise both legs just slightly off the ground and try to hold it there for 20 seconds or so). I also find that the day after running, I generally have slight shakiness in my legs.

--David

THANKS FOR THAT IT MAKES ME FEEL SOMEWHAT BETTER.
KERRI
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Arron on June 11th, 2003, 1:19 am

Davidd wrote:Kerri--

--David

Yes, everyone shakes to a certain extent under exhertion, what KERRI is describing and what other's have described on this site for the past 2 years, plus what I myself experience is NOT the same as what you talked about.

I was a weight lifter in high school and remember what the "normal" shakes were when over exherting your muscles. One of my businesses now is building racing engines and I tend to lift some pretty heavy objects (engine blocks, heads, cranks, etc.) and when I shake from lifting one of those items, it is normal, but when you are sitting in traffic and your leg starts to shake from simply pushing on the brake pedal (with power brakes) or your arm shakes simply because you held the cell phone up to your ear longer than 5 minutes, that is not "normal" and is pretty well documented with other people that have BFS as well.

One of my other businesses requires a lot of camera use, and after holding a simple camera to my face for a while, I get the shakes pretty bad, along with fatigue and weak feeling arms. For a solid built, 5-10", 200 Lb guy, that is not "normal" muscle shakes from exertion.

I can get shakey legs from squatting down and getting back up just once, yet right afterwards, I can move a 250 Lb. engine block off the mill and onto a stand with no shakes at all. There is no "normalness" to any of this. So the shakes people describe with BFS are not the "normal" shakes people get after over exherting themselves, or after an exercise regiment at the gym, it is something different.

When I do a small sit-up and hold it in place half way, my whole body shakes violently almost instantly. It isn't because I am over exerting myself, because I can do literally hundreds and hundreds of sit ups. It is something entirely different and it came-on right after my twitches started. Other people with BFS describe this very same thing.

I get the shakes really bad sometimes, and other times I don't. If I push a car from one side of my shop to the other, afterwards, my legs might shake for hours and feel weak and rubbery on into the next day, yet with full strength still at hand if I need it. That again is not "normal" and is totally in-line with the "exercise intolerance" people describe with BFS, and what I believe KERRI was trying to describe. I don;t exercise because it makes me feel like *beep*. I don't think exercise is good for everyone, it's more of a personal preference and depends on how the person feels physically from the results.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics