Suffering now with gastrointestinal problems

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Suffering now with gastrointestinal problems

Postby Nole on April 12th, 2003, 9:16 am

Hello all my fellow twitchers,

Thought I would say hello and see if there is anyone else out there that suffers with Gerd/hiatal hernia symptoms. My twitches are under control but I have alot of pain from my gastro symp.s now. Cant eat much, lost weight, emotionally I am trying to stay strong but getting harder every day. I have an endoscopy scheduled for next Fri. nervous about it but I know i need it done. I f any one else has had this lets chat!!!
Thanks.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby reneeintx on April 13th, 2003, 10:24 pm

Sorry I can't help you... but I just wanted to say that I've talked to people that have had your problems and had the endoscopy. They said the procedure was a breeze. They give you some kind of pill that makes you feel like you have no cares in the world. At least that's what these two girls said. I think one of them has to take a prescription Gerd med now and wished she could get scripts for the "little pill" :lol:

Good luck,
Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tlotoxl on April 14th, 2003, 12:02 am

just make sure they give you enough anaesthetic/sedative. when i had a gastroscopy last year they gave me an injection of something that was supposed to be put me out, but they didn't give me enough and i was fully conscious and lucid throughout the whole thing. afterwards they told me to sleep on a bed in the hospital for half an hour, but i was totally awake and just walked off to university. anyway, despite there not being enough anaesthetic/sedative, the procedure was just uncomfortable -- certainly nothing serious. i guess endoscopy is a bit different, but i can't see it being too much worse and at least it doesn't (presumably?) stimulate a gag reflex. hope things go well for you.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Craig on April 15th, 2003, 1:36 pm

I had an upper endoscopy in January, and to be completely honest, it wasn't bad at all. The way it was explained to me was that I would be given a minor anesthesia that would keep me conscious during the procedure and afterwards I wouldn't remember a thing. Worked like a charm for me and I don't remember one bit of it. The worst part for me was the mental image of them taking a biopsy of my small intestine (testing for Celiac). You'll be fine - it really isn't bad.

I'm sorry to hear about your GERD symptoms. Is it something that can be treated? Hang in there and good luck with your endoscopy.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nole on April 15th, 2003, 6:30 pm

Thanks for your support. I have been feeling better with the life stayle changes I have made but I know I need this done to really see what is going on in there. I am having what yousaid Craig, I shouldnt remember a thing. Many people told me there is no pain, and its a simple procedure, I will feel nothing. This eases my mind knowing others have gone through this and turned out fine. Thanks again, i'll keep you posted!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nole on April 27th, 2003, 7:02 pm

It was an easy procedure and I feel better now knowing what is wrong. I have a hiatal hernia and Gerd (chronic reflux). Have to stay on meds and lifestyle change, thanks for oyur support!!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Brian_B on April 27th, 2003, 11:38 pm

did they put you asleep to do it?
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics