Maybe this?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Maybe this?

Postby DanielDK on April 23rd, 2003, 4:19 pm

Hi everyone!

Let me start off by saying that I´m definitely NOT a medicin-fan, or in any way bound to or in crave of medicine...I believe one should only take medicine when necessary, and not fill up (and sometimes even poison) one´s body with medicine.

That sai, I would just like to tell you guys, that I found a harmfull, easy-obtainable and quite famous medication called Propranolol (A Beta-Blocker), that has helped me amazingly!

I started out 6 months ago with visibly tremor in both hands, an unpleasant feeling of almost constantly beeing able to feel my pulse jumping pounding somewhere in my body, fascics, and general anxiety (meaning hard to sitt or even stand still). My neurologist prescribed Propranolol, and since I started taking one a day, everything except from the fasciculations have gone away!! Beta-Blockers are used to slow down the heartbeat a trifle, so your body isn´t constantly `aware`. This kind od medicine is often given to anxious students worried about an exam or the like.

Again, I dont intend to turn this forum into a quack-pharmacy or the like (!), I just thought I´d tell you what helped me!

All the best of luck to you all ~ Daniel
DanielDK

Postby reneeintx on April 23rd, 2003, 5:10 pm

Daniel that's great you found something to stop the pulse jumping feeling. I wished it could've helped your twitching because if it did you might have stumbled upon a miracle drug.

Great news :)

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Propranolol

Postby Rich Longer on April 24th, 2003, 1:28 am

I was also prescribed propranolol. It did help anxiety but did not affect the twitches. I was also given SSRIs and sleeping tablets. In the end I gave up the lot as I wasn't sure that anything was really doing any good.
Rich
Rich Longer

Propranolol

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics