When is a guest not a guest!

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

When is a guest not a guest!

Postby basso on August 22nd, 2005, 3:48 pm

I know there are occasions when people have forgot to sign in and so their posting has come up as the elusive Guest. However, I am stymied by the continued use of this user-handle. People should be willing to identify themselves under their user name EVERY time. I would be in favour of ridding this site, altogether, of the ability for people to post as a Guest. Guests do not not make snide comments or endeavour to undermine the good of a household without the risk of being shown the door. I believe we should use such decorum on this site. When I see identifiable user-names, I know that there is a legitimacy to their posting which can not be said of all Guests. I am not talking about those who have legitimately forgot to sign in, or the case of Schuey who was unable to log in for technical reason: these people always sign their names.

Cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Schuey on August 22nd, 2005, 3:56 pm

I agree.
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby jodi 69 on August 22nd, 2005, 10:44 pm

I have found in my limited time on this site, that you can sign in, and then move around the forums and go to reply to a post, and pop up as "guest"
Even after you signed in. It happend to me once, and I corrected the problem immediately in a following post. If I have something to say, positve or negative, I for one, will not hide behind the username "Guest".
I think that there is some technical error here in the "log in/log out" area. Most people sign their name at the end anyhow.
Jodi
jodi 69

Postby Alien Host on August 26th, 2005, 4:33 pm

basso
I think I might have identified one of the problems with the sign in. I have my option set to log in when ever I visit this sight, but it does not always work because of my browser settings that clear my memory.(the computers memory) but maybe mine too is going aaaahhhhh!

This is an open forum, so nothing is guaranteed. It's hard to believe that it's still open here after that Italian fellow who called himself (unlucky) started that fake post last year trying to scare everyone.
I have been on chat and forums at braintalk and the moderators there will not hesitate to close your account in a heartbeat. They did it to me in a chat room because they thought my handle (alien host) was inappropriate.
I think there is more useful information here than there is objectionable.
BFS Is A Mind Trip, It will scare You But Will Not Hurt You

Twitching since 10 2004 with a Dirty EMG, what's your excuse?

PPMA Prayer & Positive Mental Attitude
Alien Host
Hero
Hero

Postby basso on August 26th, 2005, 10:23 pm

Alien Host:

I agree, there is alot more useful, genuine information here than not. The few shizzit disturbers are few and far between; quite amazing for so open a forum.

Cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 7th, 2005, 8:04 am

Until starting this thread I had never, I repeat never, not even once had the monniker of guest. Since then it has happened twice. I do not see this as a coincidence but as a world wide conspiracy designed to discredit three facts. Fact one: I have found a book describing a cure for the condition that we call BFS, albeit the pages with the cure on it are stuck together. Fact two: I have illuminated to the forum the true cause of BFS which is from Alien DNA. Fact three: I have located, with the help of Schuey and Garym, the true location of where BFS was first released, namely The Greenfield Mall in Houston, TX.

If I weren't so justifiably angered at this targeted sullying of my name, I might be able to bear this with simple indigance. It has gone too far for that however, and now the gloves are off. (hockey ones because I am, after all, Canadian) Any further besmirching of my fine reputation will be met with the most viscious and vitriolic diatribe that I can muster. All the stops will pulled out and I reveal once and for all many things, like the fact that the Apollo Space Craft Lunar landing was actually filmed on sound stage at Disneyland. I warn you conspirators that I am armed and I will not go QUIETLY!!

Mad as helk and not going to take it anymore,
Basso

PS: BTW, please Mr. Nice Moderator don't kick me off this forum for posting this in, perhaps, an inappropriate place. (much electronic grovelling)
again,
yours,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Schuey on September 7th, 2005, 8:49 am

You know Basso, this forum may have already been infiltrated by the BFS infested alien race and could as we type be meddling with our posts.........
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 7th, 2005, 9:39 am

O.....................................M.................................G !!!!!!!!!!
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby water1 on January 31st, 2006, 11:42 pm

I just truly did not know to sign in with a name so i would put my own name in here (klag) untill i was told to use a user name to be responded to. to new to the site i guess??
water1

Postby Taylor on February 2nd, 2006, 10:10 pm

I have a real problem with this site. I sign in and I still come up as a guest. I don't know how many times I have tried to respond to something only to have it not go through. I always try to put my name at the end of a post though if the "guest" thing pops up instead of my name. I signed in on this post so I can't guarantee it will work.

Taylor
Taylor
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics