Big News: Cured of Twitching

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby shae on June 28th, 2005, 11:56 am

Ryan, thanks for sharing your info. I also have IBS (I think). I had bowel problems so bad that I had a colonoscopy. My bowel troubles are not as bad now (don't know why) but I still do have bouts of it. I had the bowel problems before my twitching started over a year and a half ago. I will also try your suggestion and see how it works. Thanks so much
Shae
shae

Postby Pasics Pete on June 28th, 2005, 12:02 pm

IBS here as well (diagnosed after various tests, including a colonoscopy, failed to reveal any physical abnormalities). Started about a year and a half before the BFS. Now it comes and goes.
Pasics Pete
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Toro on June 30th, 2005, 10:05 am

Hi whelanpt,

To answer your question my neuro said you do not need much B vitamins. He suggested B-Complex with vitamin C 10mg twice a day. If you over do it with B vitamins it could make the twitching worse he said.

Hope this helps!

Toro
Toro

Postby [email protected] on July 1st, 2005, 5:58 pm

How many milligrams of B Complex...the 50s or the 100s and two times/day? Thanks, Lynn
[email protected]
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Gatorade

Postby Linda on July 19th, 2005, 3:26 pm

Well, that sounds hopeful! I am going to try Gatorade. Is there anything in Gatorade that would be bad to consume too much of? Why wouldn't drinking lots of water be just as good? Or, maybe 1 serving of Gatorade to 3 servings of water, say? Thanks for this wonderful advice!

LInda
Linda
Interested
Interested

Gatorade must have worked!!!

Postby Linda on July 22nd, 2005, 11:09 am

HI! I took your advice and tried the Gatorade a few days ago, and I have not had one single twitch ever since! Thanks! It really works!!!

Linda
Linda
Interested
Interested

Postby [email protected] on July 22nd, 2005, 6:53 pm

How much of it do you drink???
[email protected]
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Ish on July 25th, 2005, 8:19 am

Hi Linda, could you briefly summarize your symptoms (esp extent, date of onset etc) and whether you had a bfs dx.
Ish

Postby [email protected] on July 25th, 2005, 1:48 pm

And how much Gatorade you are drinking per day....??
I know the fellolw who posted earlier was drinking tons of it and I cuold only imagine the teeth falling out and the pancreas overworking with all that sugar....and the trouble going to sleep after all that sugar...I'll be interested to find out your "dose".. thanks, Lynn
[email protected]
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Gatorade must have worked!!!

Postby Linda on July 26th, 2005, 10:32 am

Hi - can't talk but a second! ( at work right now) -- I only drink maybe 1/2 to 1 small bottle per day. My twitching was limited to my left cheek area, but it was every single day several times an hour all day long and driving me bananas! So I found this site looking for answers. I discovered this post by the guy who tried Gatorade and so I tried it but not that much --and it worked. I still have not twitched since! And it had gone on for about a month or so non-stop until I drank the Gatorade. Maybe a coincidence??? I don't know. But a little probably wouldn't hurt you to try it. God bless!

Linda
Linda
Interested
Interested

What on earth is GATORADE?

Postby davidhit on July 27th, 2005, 6:49 am

I would love to drink this anti BFS elixir, if only I knew what it was...
We Australians have never heard of GATORADE.
Is it some sort of lemonade made from Alligator skins?
Truly (jokes aside) I'd like to know what it is.
davidhit

Gatorade

Postby Linda on July 27th, 2005, 8:53 am

LOL... There is a web site which is http://www.gatorade.com - it tells the whole story!

Linda
Linda
Interested
Interested

Postby JanT on August 10th, 2005, 9:18 am

To Ryan and all who have replied here, I have just recently joined this forum (see JanT posts on Experiences with BFS) and having read these posts on electrolyte imbalances and links to digestive conditions, little light bulbs are going on in my head. My severe twitches started in the last month or so and I also recently changed my diet (on the advice of a nutritionist to include more protein, esp. oily fish, nuts and dark green veg - to balance blood sugar and increase magnesium levels). I was also taking vitamins. This diet has caused my bowel to become very active tending towards IBS at times. I am now wondering if this new diet is causing me to have electrolyte imbalance due to an overactive bowel? I have never heard of gatorade in Northern Ireland but will look up the website quoted by Linda. I have just had blood tests for magnesium and calciumlevels so maybe these will shed light on the electrolyte imbalance? I will mention this to my GP next week. Thanks for this new direction, Jan
trying not to be a hypochondriac!
JanT
Interested
Interested

Gatorade

Postby Janine Parsons on December 2nd, 2005, 9:09 pm

My left eyelids started twitching last week and it is nonstop. It feels like my heart is beating in both eyes constantly but more so in the left. What is weird though, is that I was in the store this past week feeling like I should buy some gatorade. I normally don't care for gatorade, as I prefer drinks without food coloring. I accidently happened onto this forum and I am going to try to drink some gatorade and see if these twitches go away. My next guess would be stress. When this happened I was getting good sleep. I also do not drink any caffine. Chocolate is my highest caffine item. Another weird thing is I have been craving and eating peanuts for about a month now. Since I happened onto this forum, I am embarrassed to say that I don't know what BFS is. Please briefly inform me.

Oh by the way, how do I change my user name?
JP
Janine Parsons

Postby Holger on December 5th, 2005, 4:56 am

Hi to all,
maybe dehydrogenation is the key. My twitches also started right after a hard diet. I have tried to become a vegetarian. After loosing 8 kg in few weeks i felt a crampy feeling in the calves and after doing sports it began to twitch. This is almost a year ago. When i look at my calves I can see that there are well-definied (i hope you understand what i mean) - i can clearly see every muscle although there are not really big.
I assume that during the diet all glucose storages in the muscle have been exhausted and to work on it has to burn the muscles himself (CK creatin kinease).

Here is my line of argument:
metabolic dysbalance - stress - alcohol - anxities - alcohol - etc....
because
- when the sympathetic nervous system is working it pours out glucose for a better fight with the tiger :D
- when the parasympathetic nervous system is working it stores glucose in the liver for the next fight.
- drinking alcohol prevents the glucose storage because the liver is already busy
- if we are in stress all day long (or anxious) only the sympthicus is working until the parasympathicus is reducing it.

I was always wondering about two facts which i have noticed with me:
- when I am on a party and I am nearly drunken - there are no twitches (parasympathicus is working or enough hydrogenation)
- the day after is horrible - weakness and twitchies (sympathicus or no glucose in the muscles)

In gatorate there is a lot of sugar - so this could be the solution. Now I have to go to the supermarket - Ryan - if this works i spend you a big german beer :)
Holger
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Symptom Management