its flaired up again

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

its flaired up again

Postby Nigel555 on February 6th, 2003, 8:26 am

Hi everyone,

well this last 6 weeks for me its all flaired up again i think its cos I'm very stressed about my health at the moment, especially after reading about the "Bull-Bar" throat thing as I have problems with my throat and seems to me my speech as well it just feels funny, well now I'm twitching all over again and my left arm shakes as well a bit when I hold something, but I have also notice I have like a numb type of feeling at the side of my forehead which keeps twitching and freaks me out as well does anyone have this soft of thing would love to know

Regards Nigel :roll:
Nigel555

Postby javens on February 6th, 2003, 10:14 am

Hi nole,
I just wanted to let you know that I had several weeks last summer that I felt like I was slurring my speech. I went to the Dr. and he said that was rediculous. That weird feeling went away. I also have had a "lump in the throat" feeling. I remember changing my oil once and my arm was shaking horribly...it still happens from time to time.
ALS is relentless! It does not come and go.
Try to settle down and if you get to worried don't hessitate to call your neuro.
keep us posted on how you're doing.
-javens
javens

Postby kim on February 6th, 2003, 7:14 pm

HI Nigel and Javens!

I have much the same symptoms. I twitch as well as have the throat problems. (could have alot to do with thyroid) Also the right side of my face felt numb for a few days, and larger muscles seemed to be twitching there instead of just my usual small little twitches. It was like the whole side of my face would move!

Nigel, have you been checked for thyroid conditions? The thyroid can cause you to have the throat sensations as well as anxiety and twitching. I am pretty sure it is the cause for much of what I am going through.

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on February 7th, 2003, 6:45 pm

Not that this should make you happy, but this last week (including now) has been the worst twitching week for me in awhile. Once again, thoughts of what the heck is going on go through my head...but I just try to relax about it as much as possible and I hope you can do the same.

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management