Andre's Story

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Andre's Story

Postby Andre on January 22nd, 2003, 8:51 pm

Hi all,

I just joined this site a few days ago, this is an excellent site by the way. I thought I'd share my experiences with BFS.

I'm 24 and had "benign" fasiculations all over my body for about 7 years. Its been years since I saw a neurologist for the twitching. Like many of you, I was concerned I had ALS or MS or some sort of degenerative nerve disease at first. After months of seeing doctors and having all the tests I see many of you have also had, I was told I had BFS. I've estimated that I twitch somewhere on my body about every 5 seconds most of the time. It happens in my arms, legs, chest, stomach, back, neck, face, you name it. Even my tongue has twitched and something twitches inside my ears occasionally. I'm pretty much used to the twitching, although there are times where it can get very annoying.

My advice to anyone new to BFS...I've found that stress, anxiety, and not enough sleep make the twitching much worse. If I keep busy, I don't even notice most of the twitching. The worst thing you can do is focus on it.

Well, I am going to read up some more on this site. Feel free to comment if any of you have similar symptoms or questions. I think I have a lot of experience with twitching. I would also appreciate any suggestions if anyone has had any success in reducing the symptoms of BFS.

Good luck to everyone.
-Andre
Andre
Interested
Interested

Postby javens on January 23rd, 2003, 12:04 am

Hi Andre,
Welcome to the forum.
Do you get aches, pains, exercise intolerance etc... or just twitching?
javens

Postby Andre on January 23rd, 2003, 7:58 pm

javens,

I've never had aches, pains or exercise intolerance. I've noticed some people on this board seem to experience that along with the fasiculations.

-Andre
Andre
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS