Kim's story

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Kim's story

Postby kim on January 22nd, 2003, 11:00 am

Hi all!

Actually I can't quite pinpoint where or when it all started, but after 9/11 I started having serious anxiety, and OCD regarding my health. (That could have triggered it) then, in November 2001 I had a flu shot (some say that could have been what did it) Then in Feb. 2002 I got really sick with a virus that wouldn't go away for 2 or 3 months (that could have started it) In June my thyroid was acting up, but blood work was only borderline, so I did nothing for it. But in July my twitching started. In my left eye. I didn't give it much thought. My thyroid troubles got worse so I went on synthroid. Within 2 weeks, my whole body began twitching. (keep in mind, all the other stuff going on in my life. Anxiety was seriously high because I was fearing thyroid cancer, plus everything else I described was floating around in the back of my mind.) I (like a dummie) went to the internet and immediatly found ALS sites and FREAKED! My anxiety became disabeling! I couldn't eat, sleep, think or work! I was a mess. I went on Zoloft and the twitching got better, but never quite went completely away. I would have good and bad months. When stress was high, twitches were strong. So I believed it was all anxiety related. I still think anxiety plays a big part, but am not convinced it is the culpret. I think there are many contributing factors. Thyroid function beign one of them. No Doctor has been able to give me an answer, and I fear I may never know why. But I do know that it won't kill me. And I also know things could be a lot worse!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Kim's story

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS