New here with old twitches.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby strangefeeling on April 29th, 2005, 9:17 am

Hello everyone,

I will try to make this as short as possible and spare all the details.

In the summer of 2001 I got blood poisoning from a cut while working in the garden. After a round of antibiotics the infection went away. About a week after the antibiotics I started twitching all over. I had sore muscles in the legs and felt like legs were buzzing. I had a CT scan and an MRI all of which came back normal. Thyroid was a little low but not enough to worry about. I did the whole I have ALS thing as well. By the time I went to the Neuro(on 9/11) it had been a few months and the twitching was not as bad anymore. He said no ALS and no MS. Things got better and have not had any problems again until now.

I had half of my thyroid removed in Feb 2005 because of a non-cancerous nodule. Levels checked 3 weeks out and all was well. The twitching is coming back like before. I was sick for about a week with a bad viral infection as well.

The twitches are mostly in the left leg, bottom of left foot left elbow. I am also getting them in other places as well. Stomach, right leg and arm and shoulder. I am having the slight pain again, not really cramps just muscle pain. I also am having the funning buzzing feeling in the left leg as well as a perceived weakness but none. I am starting to notice that while sleeping everything calms down and as the day progresses or if I sit down the twitching in the legs gets worse. The twitches only last a few seconds and I do feel them. They are not what the Neuro would call facilitations or undulatiting twitches. Just thumpers and a little twitch here and there.

I am using logic, and since I have no real weakness and 4 years have gone by since my last twitching episode I am not thinking ALS but BFS.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :D
Forgot to add I'm a 35 year old male.

Sorry for the long post.
strangefeeling

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics