Chrissie's Story

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Chrissie's Story

Postby chrissie50 on January 10th, 2003, 5:25 pm

Hi, I am a 50 year old female in the UK. I have been diagnosed with BFS earlier last year. I have found a lot of information about BFS in the USA, but little giving information about people in the UK being diagnosed. I was also worried like many of the others that I had Motor Neurone Disease (ALS name in UK), but my neurologist was able to reassure me this is not related. I have had previous health problems, Crohns Disease diagnosed 6 years ago, and for which I had surgery 5 years ago and has been fine since, and Gallstones in late 2001. It was after surgery to remove my gall bladder in late 2001 that I first noticed the symptoms of twitching virtually all over my body at times. I have read it may be caused by a viral infection, but do not know if this could be related to my surgery. However, despite all this, I lead a very busy life - working far too hard in the Interactive Games arena, (not exactly stress free!) so this is just to say it doesn't need to control you. I take no drugs for any of this - I was told anti-epilepsy drugs have some success in reducing BFS symptoms, but they are powerful drugs, so the side effects may not be worth it. I am interested in hearing of anyone else's experiences in the UK, where hospital processes and prescribing is different to the USA.
chrissie50

Chrissie's Story

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS