Leg Pain

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Leg Pain

Postby cjung on September 23rd, 2002, 6:31 pm

Does anyone has leg pain on top of twitching? :?
cjung

I do

Postby wooglin on September 23rd, 2002, 8:17 pm

I do...
wooglin

pain

Postby garman on September 24th, 2002, 5:52 pm

Yes, i do too. I have general nerve sort of pain all over, like somone sticking a pin into ever part of my body.. Its not a bad pain and generally goes unnoticed , but it's sure not nice!
garman

Postby cjung on September 25th, 2002, 3:42 pm

I am taking Neurontin for my leg pain and twitching. Neurontin helps claim down the nerve and it also helps reduce the pain a bit. Does anyone has a herinated disk(s). According to my doctors, leg pain can be caused by a herinated disk.
cjung

Postby Debbs on September 27th, 2002, 1:01 am

Yes I get leg pain and have done for absolutley years, I cant wear shoes that have heels cause my legs react to them, flat shoes only for me :cry: , the leg pain comes and goes along with stiffness of claves, its kinda like restless leg syndrome with me sometimes the pain goes all the way to my toes and I toss and turn at night to try to get comfy, shake my legs to try to stop the pain,sometimes its intense sometimes its not, it often leaves me aching and of course destroys my sleep pattern :o

Deb
Debbs

Postby Jen on September 28th, 2002, 1:00 am

Yes on the leg pain, no on the herniated disk. I had miserable pain as a child and told that it was growing pains. Debbs, have you asked your doctor about restless leg syndrome? I'm a "flat shoes" girl too. At least I can now blame BFS instead of old age for that one!
Jen

Postby Debbs on October 8th, 2002, 10:48 pm

I havent seen a doctor about restless leg syndrome, as Im not entirely sure thats what it even is. Is leg pain associated with RLS? and are those little electric shock sensations associated with it too ?Some days the pain and aching is constantly in my legs , other days like today I cant feel any pain. Are there any other symptoms for RSL ? Could my leg symtoms be related to Fibro?

thanks
Deb
Debbs

Postby Craig on October 9th, 2002, 9:10 am

Count me in for the leg pain....
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jen on October 9th, 2002, 6:49 pm

Deb, my doctor said that (intense) leg pain is part of RLS. My doctor does not think that my leg pain is RLS since I do not have all of the symptoms. I can't remember all the symptoms. http://www.rls.org has info on RLS. I'm not sure about the electric shock thing, but I get that too in my left thigh. I purchased a mattress topper earlier this year from cuddleewe.com. I sleep much better now. Without the mattress topper, my legs, hips and other joints hurt during the night. I would guess that the leg pain is part of Fibro.
Jen

Postby Debbs on October 9th, 2002, 11:51 pm

Jen fantastic site, was full of useful information..I dont have all the characteristcs of rls I do not have the crawling sensations, just heaps of pain in them and random light twitching.....and so the search continues..lol but I will be asking my doc about it regardless!

Thanks Deb
Debbs

Postby javens on October 13th, 2002, 1:58 am

I get leg pain and cramps along with the twitches.
Recently I've mostly had twitches in my front thigh muscles...thus pain in the thigh. If I get twitches in my butt muscles...I get a pain in the butt :lol: I sure am ready to be done with this!
javens

Postby DogBone on January 6th, 2003, 3:21 pm

I get the leg pain as well. Sometimes it is quite painful, but others not too bad. My pain also seems to come and go and I first thought it was cramping, but after investigating my Neuro says it is just pain, not cramping.
DogBone
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Joanne on January 6th, 2003, 5:51 pm

Yes, Yes Yes, Yes, Just got back from doctor about this...she said i have lower back muscle spasms..
Joanne
Joanne

Postby Joanne on January 6th, 2003, 5:52 pm

Yes, Yes Yes, Yes, Just got back from doctor about this...she said i have lower back muscle spasms..
Joanne
Joanne

Absolutely

Postby Karann on January 7th, 2003, 1:47 pm

Yes also to the leg pain, but it doesn't happen very frequently. When it does, it seems to be coming from deep cramps in the leg muscles. Ibuprofen (3 tablets 3 X a day) seems to help.

:D
BFS - over 10 years
Karann

Absolutely

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management