Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Greg on January 1st, 2003, 7:16 pm

Hi all,

Read bits and pieces of things that seemed to indicate quinine might help with twitching, such as the quinine in tonic water. Anyone have any success w/ this, I just got a bottle of tonice water today and will try it. I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

Postby SusanSid on January 6th, 2003, 1:13 am

I've wondered the same thing about quinine. I know there are precautions if you have pre-existing cardiac conditions. What conditions I don't know, but I have seen where some doctors have recommended quinine for muscle cramps.
Keep us posted as to how it works!
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

tonic water

Postby osbormd on January 27th, 2003, 9:59 am

I see some people try tonic water for the quinine. Has anyone stuck with this and had positive experiences with twitching / cramps?

If so, how much do you regularly take?

Postby javens on January 27th, 2003, 5:55 pm

I drank lots of tonic water for a couple of weeks in hopes of alleviating my twitches and cramps. I noticed a little difference but not enough for me to go on drinking it.

Postby Davidd on February 1st, 2003, 7:07 pm

I have heard that quinine does help cramping but I am not sure about twitches. I think you can get quinine in tablets which probably contains a higher amount than what is in tonic water. But, like everything else, if it helps with your symptoms then by all means you should continue to use it.

Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Return to Symptom Management