4 years later

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

4 years later

Postby trajon_34 on June 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Hi everyone!

Just posting my annual update (it's been 4 years already, crazy). I know these updates were great to read when I was just starting the emotional roller coaster.

My initial post on these forums was here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16375&p=119055&hilit=Trajon#p119055

My two year update is here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19041

My three year update is here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20125

I still twitch like a mad man. Mainly in my lower legs and feet. I twitched much more every where else when I was in the beginning which I'd attribute to the stress/fear/emotions and so on that everyone battles through. Once I was able to clear that hurdle and trust my doctor and others on the board things got MUCH better for me. All of my other symptoms (other than the twitching) went away, for the most part. I still have some tremors in my hands which seems to me more noticeable after exercise....but tremors in fingers seems a lot more common, in the general public, than I ever gave credit for. Basically, I'm not that special in this category.

Anyway, my neurologist told me last year that I didn't need to go back to him. At first he left it open to me to continue coming back annually for a checkup but last year he seemed to strongly suggest that it's really not needed and probably more a waste of my time. Which I agree with (easy to say 4 years later obviously). The checkups seemed to be more of a mental comfort for me than anything else.

Not much more that I can add. I've had just about every symptom in the beginning and twitch more than just about anyone (other than 1-2 people) on this board. I was scared just like everyone else as well and I feel like this only made my symptoms worse. As hard as it is, just getting past that overwhelming fear/anxiety is one of the biggest "controls" you have over this. I just got to the point where I was sick of living scared and afraid and had to spend some time away from this website and the constant reminders. This was my catalyst for a real mental change. Others might need other kinds of help to help deal with the fear and anxiety. I'd strongly suggest figuring out what you do need to get through this if it is a struggle.

I'll log in a few more times in the next week or two in case anyone has some questions. After that.........I'll post again next year!

Thanks!
trajon_34
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: 4 years later

Postby trajon_34 on September 22nd, 2017, 7:25 pm

Hi All,

Was thinking about this website the other day, didn't realize it's been over 2 years since my last update.

Lots of life changes but nothing new on the BFS front. Take care everyone!
trajon_34
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: 4 years later

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group