11 years later

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

11 years later

Postby Will on March 2nd, 2017, 10:10 pm

i just reread all my old posts and wanted to check in and let anyone who is worried about ALS that there is hope. I had some pretty crazy symptoms, twitching, tremors, weakness and actual muscle shrinking on one side of my body. In fact, My muscles are still smaller on one side of my body. ALL OF THEM, including my face muscles. Despite ALL of that, it's 11 years later and I just left the gym where I bench pressed 315lbs and deallifted 405. My point is, no matter how scary you think your symptoms are, it does NOT mean you have als. I would have bet everything I had that I was dying, but I was wrong. I went through years of sever health anxiety and my body acted like it has als because my mind told it I had the disease. As soon as I dealt with the anxiety and started thinking healthy thoughts, my body stopped acting like it has als. I don't have als and no matter how scary your symptoms are, neither do you. Take a deep breath... you are going to be fine.
Will

Re: 11 years later

Postby veryworried123 on March 26th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Thanks for the note
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby Nytviolet on June 2nd, 2017, 4:45 pm

Twitching 20 years here and glad to see another "veteran". I have left leg / arm weakness (relative to the right) and my left calf is an inch thinner, but also have spinal issues, SFN, Fibro and god knows what else. Anyhow, nice to meet you and hope you're having a great day.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group