Numbness after sitting, feels like it's getting worse?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Numbness after sitting, feels like it's getting worse?

Postby Mercfh on April 20th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Anyone have any suggestions? I presume this is normal.

I feel like my legs go numb SO easily when sitting, especially my left leg. My latest worry is that it might somehow be diabetes (even though I just had blood test done a month ago in the hospital) or some type of MS......but the strength is still there, and usually when I get up and walk around ill be fine.

(Im a developer so i do sit down in a chair a lot sadly)
Mercfh

Re: Numbness after sitting, feels like it's getting worse?

Postby trustme78 on April 22nd, 2016, 11:39 am

Happens to me as well. I think the MS fear is irrational because numbness from MS would not be triggered by sitting and it wouldn't come and go but persist for days. I am not an expert - so take everything i say with a grain of salt. Maybe Yuliasir can give her opinon.

On the other hand - I have been on this journey for almost 2 years and still get new symptoms. In general I thin that because of this whole episode I am much more aware of everything that's going on in my body. Not all of it is peobably related to BFS.

All the best!
trustme78

Postby Mercfh on April 22nd, 2016, 4:39 pm

trustme78 wrote:Happens to me as well. I think the MS fear is irrational because numbness from MS would not be triggered by sitting and it wouldn't come and go but persist for days. I am not an expert - so take everything i say with a grain of salt. Maybe Yuliasir can give her opinon.

On the other hand - I have been on this journey for almost 2 years and still get new symptoms. In general I thin that because of this whole episode I am much more aware of everything that's going on in my body. Not all of it is peobably related to BFS.

All the best!

Ya that's probably true, with MS I'd imagine it'd go numb at basically anytime instead of just at specific times (Which for me, my numbess is basically any light compression/sitting)
Mercfh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS