Knee problems.

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Knee problems.

Postby Tiredofbfs on April 12th, 2016, 5:41 pm

I have had unstable knee with pain and twitches around the knee muscle. It bother me to the point that it is impacting the way I walk. Is something serious.
I was reading about someone who had noticed problem with his stride then follow by knee pain and end up with the diagnosis
I am really worried.
Do you think j should get another emg. Last one was in 2013 one year after symptom
I am very worried that this could be it
Tiredofbfs
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Knee problems.

Postby guitarguy11 on April 12th, 2016, 7:55 pm

For you to develop *** 4 years after symptoms began, it would be very unusual. More likely you have just injured your knee somehow or it could be just one of the many pains that comes along with being human.

I do not think another EMG would be necessary. If it continues to bother you, then a doctors visit would be a good idea to let them check your knee. Remember - that story you read about trouble with his stride - it was probably foot drop. Tripping, sliding his foot, not being able to climb stairs without catching his foot, etc. It was probably not initially knee pain. The knee pain may have had nothing to do with his diagnosis - or he may have injured his knee somehow compensating for the foot drop. Without weakness, no MND. Just because your stride changes because of knee pain, it does not mean you have weakness. And please don't start looking for foot drop. Don't let anxiety do that to you - I have been there and done that. Hope to not do it to myself again.

Hope this helps and hope you feel better.
guitarguy11

Postby MarioMangler on April 14th, 2016, 11:39 am

I've had problems with my left knee for years, and I've always attributed it to BFS doing screwy things to the muscles on either side of the knee. Like, one side of my knee will be more tired than the other side, or one side will be stronger, and then the knee gets out of whack because of uneven work load. This has been my #1 complain about BFS for years. But I also doubt it is anything more sinister than that. It's just one of those little quirks we BFS people have to work around.

You have muscles doing crazy things on either side of a joint. Your joint isn't going to work like it was designed because of that. This is a very common complaint among BFS people over the years, we almost always wind up with weird joint dysfunction.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Tiredofbfs on April 14th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Thank you for your response
Most of my twitching happens 24/7 around my knee in my thighs
I feel it like worm under skin and t bother me so much.
My legs sometime feels like jelly and stiff
I feel like they are going to give up on me but they are not
I can't seem to let go off it and always focusing on how I walk run and stand.
Standing is challenging for me because my knee get sore easily and I feel sometime that it is hard to move
Maybe j am focusing too much on it that's why j feel this way
It's like I am waiting for The moment my leg going to give up
This is the only thing that bother me I could care less about twitching at this point but what j want is to be confident with my leg again
i think if I can manage to ignore my legs for one day I will be fine
I don't know how to beat this dark thoughts.
Mfor the last 4 years since symptom started my leg and thighs have been the most trouble I limbs
Any advice would be appreciated.
I am shxeudle for another emg on May 10
After I saw my neuro he confirmed no bad things happening but he mentioned that it could be related to some viral infection or might be a mild spinal atrophy.
He noted that there was no evidence of metabolic myopathy and I have no idea what that means and I don't want to google
However he mentioned that I have chronic degenartion in both legs with large mup again I don't know what that means
He also noted fasiculstion in my emg three years ago
How do I regain confidence in my legs again I need help. I am walking and doing daily activities and always thinking when I am going to fall
What I noted is that when I get too anxious and my flight fly response kicks all my limbs becomes weak
Could it be adrenaline not functions good or maybe stress hormone
I am just clueless and always trying to find the root cause to correct it
I been throgih tones of testing but nothing has revealed an explanation to my symptom
Or maybe at the end it could be all in my head and it's playing nasty game on me again
Tiredofbfs
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group