My 2 year update!!!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My 2 year update!!!

Postby buddyroxy on April 6th, 2016, 11:38 pm

Here I am, alive and well! and you will be too! (not only will you be alive and well, but you ARE alive and well, right now!) don't focus on the twitches it will only make it worse.
The best things about this website that helped me were....finding it......and then staying off of it! There is quite a bit of support here, which is great! Then mixed in, there is so much fear and unhealthy thinking. When you are already struggling mentally this can be difficult. Find a few really great inspiring stories, print them off, and read them daily until you are feeling better and stay off of here for a while if it brings you anxiety. Because at some point if you want to stop torturing yourself you have to believe in the good, because that is the truth.
A brief twitching history; started as a cell phone buzzing in my leg, 1 second on 5 seconds off, didn't stop for weeks until I started taking 6 tums a day (only helps with buzzing, not twitching). a few days into my buzzing I noticed a few random twitches. Then they were off, like fireworks. Anywhere, everywhere, some I see and don't feel, some I feel and don't see, some I see and feel. Light ones, hard ones, fast and slow, can last a few seconds or a couple of months. Nothing is uncommon here, nothing is worth becoming anxious over. I still twitch everyday, but I don't think about it very often, and It causes me no anxiety!!!
What BFS cost me; 6 months of pure never ending anxiety, then 6-18 more months of lessening anxiety. I had waited for 6 years on a list to get into a nursing program and within the 2nd week of school BFS started, I dropped out because according to google and my fragile, sick mind, I wouldn't be alive much longer, I needed to spend that time with my family. I should be graduating this summer, but I let fear take over, and missed my chance that I had been waiting for.
So if there is a down side there must also be an upside, I think BFS has made me mentally stronger, I can't give into fear the way I did with BFS, It is a colossal waste of everything; time, life, happiness.. As far as nursing, I think life has other plans in store for me, for how hard I worked to get in, to being the longest one they have ever had on there nursing lottery waiting list,(now my prerequisite classes are expired) Then me getting BFS... There must be better plans in store for me...(thinking medical researcher, even if I'm 45 when I graduate :)
Anyways, I wish you all happiness and confidence in your good health.
PS. I don't plan on posting again, but I will be alive for many decades to come!!!
Take care, and happily and courageously move on!
buddyroxy
Interested
Interested

Re: My 2 year update!!!

Postby trustme78 on April 7th, 2016, 2:51 am

Thanks for the update!

I am closing in on the 2 year mark myself with similar symptoms (the cell phone thing) so I especially appreciate that you took the time and gave an update!

Take care and good luck for your professional future!
trustme78

Postby buddyroxy on April 7th, 2016, 10:56 pm

Thought I should mention I had 3+ reflexes all over and Neuro said possible 4+ in knees. Who cares, not me! At this point, I won't let anything bring me down.
buddyroxy
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS