Could use some help from our vets, really scared.

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Could use some help from our vets, really scared.

Postby Arkansan on March 17th, 2016, 12:00 pm

I'm in the middle of a serious breakdown. I keep noticing little fine twitches all over that I can see but not feel. This terrifies me, they are mostly in my right calf which has been a hot spot of late. However earlier this month I had a round of the same thing in my right hand! I discovered the same thing on my right tricep today. Really scares me that these tiny visible but not felt twitches are on one side. I freaking way out here. The ones in my right calf are near constant, they are fine little twitches in a particular area that seem to occur 15 or so seconds apart maybe a little longer sometimes.

I am truly terrified that this has progressed to something worse. What's sad is that I felt some better earlier today.

Another thing I have notices is now that I'm on day 3 of my lexapro my twitches in general feel, well softer less forceful.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Could use some help from our vets, really scared.

Postby MarioMangler on March 17th, 2016, 3:09 pm

You have probably always had those fine twitches, you just noticed them now and your mind ran away with it. But they have probably always been there.

Also keep in mind that the first few weeks of Lexapro are tough, it actually ramps up your symptoms for a week or two before they go back down. Aaron even mentioned this in BFS in a Nutshell. Just power through the first two weeks and then you will be good and you won't have many symptoms anymore. I'm currently on Lexapro myself, so I know of what I speak.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on March 17th, 2016, 3:30 pm

MarioMangler wrote:You have probably always had those fine twitches, you just noticed them now and your mind ran away with it. But they have probably always been there.

Also keep in mind that the first few weeks of Lexapro are tough, it actually ramps up your symptoms for a week or two before they go back down. Aaron even mentioned this in BFS in a Nutshell. Just power through the first two weeks and then you will be good and you won't have many symptoms anymore. I'm currently on Lexapro myself, so I know of what I speak.

That's comforting to here. Have you heard of any other BFSers with fairly presistent resting tongue twitches. Those really really scare me. So the fine unfeelable twitches sound normal to you as well?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby MarioMangler on March 20th, 2016, 2:22 am

All twitches are normal. There is nothing particularly serious about any twitch, that's just what BFS is.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on April 20th, 2016, 10:48 am

I haven't been on here forever, but noticed your post and thought I'd look at it. Then, I realized, you ARE a vet! At this point, you ought to know that your twitches are benign and the type of twitch doesn't matter in the least. I think it's total bunk that the fine ones are worse than the more robust ones. You are totally fine. Please put this behind you...and don't worry any more.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group