clear atrophie of left lower arm

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: clear atrophie of left lower arm

Postby Yuliasir on March 9th, 2016, 12:28 pm

I had same two years ago, i lost few of my nails, they grew back slowly.

practically this means poor blood circulation. Nails are very sensitive to blood supply and any problems with fine peripheral vessels usually causes nail loss. it is called oncholysis and, if mycosis is escludedm then the reasons are trauma, bloos circulation disorders, neuroregulatory issues (hormonal, in other words), antibiotic trteatment, allergenes (nail polish etc.)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on March 9th, 2016, 12:42 pm

Thank you for your reply..Well the blood circulation in my hands is bad, but in general my feet are ok...I have some other changes...waves and channel, and more...
I think I have to wait and see how it all develops...the waiting game...my left arm has got worse. It is very thin and hurts after any effort. Ok, My Sulcus nerve conduction time is 37. NOt very much. But does that mean loosing muscle at the lower arm? On the bottom and below...? I don't thing so...But I think about a surgery just to give it a try. I know it can get worse...It is just the motoric part of the nerve which is damaged by the way..
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on March 9th, 2016, 1:37 pm

the right arm, has the same symptoms but to a very lower extend.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on March 10th, 2016, 4:23 am

legs usually suffer from bad circulation far more often compared to hands... so it is no wonder... I had mine after I had edemas on lower limbs due to bad circulation...
massage and fintesss had helped a lot... but before that I lost two or three nails on my toes...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on March 11th, 2016, 1:35 am

ok...I understand. So I will not go into it deeper. It is just time consuming. I will go to a rehabilitation clinic for neuromuscular deseases and MS for four weeks. They might help me with that problem. I hope they also have good diagnostic tools..
This night I had my body joined with a computer to see whether sleep apnoe is the reason for my fatigue. I don't believe, but doctors think this is necessary to check..
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on March 11th, 2016, 3:38 am

sleep apnoe is a number 1 among reasons for chronic fatigue.

That is called sleep study and it may be a valuable diagnostic tool by the way. Wish that would clarify your condition.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on March 12th, 2016, 6:55 am

was a bit complicated tool...;-) See what it reveals. Since yesterday I have a new episode with strong pain in lower ams. Not just constant soreness...but I can't really touch em. It hurts very much. Arms are like paralized...I really hate that all!!! Why can't it just stop or reveal the underlying condition....
So I have s.th. at nerval system (including noise intolerance, indicating that cns is involved)
with inflammatory periods obiously
with blood circulation involved
with immunlogical implication (TH1 Shift)
selective ebv immune defect
elevated ANA from time to time, last time homogene pattern
once reduced C3 and CH50 which would point towards lupus but the cytocine profile does say the opposite
sometimes lung involvment
sometimes swollowing problems and hoarseness
emotional instability...

and chronic fatigue...
Hope anyone can solve this puzzle in the reha clinic. The advantage is that they are specialized in very rare neuromuscle desease and that there are also physiotherapists with great experience. Not just lab medicine..
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on March 23rd, 2016, 8:15 am

I just want to give an update.
The pain in my lower arms drive me nuts..it is burning, stabbing and my arms are ice cold. My ellbows can't stand to lift a towel without hurting. I think because it is really not much mucle left. So I wear bandage around both of my arms.
Actually I have twitching at my back ..and now stomach and have cramps in my stomach muscles. But still it is not a constant twitching. Just from time to time. Here and there...
I have sometimes vertigo now...not every day.
Fatigue hast got a bit better..
Tomorrow I will go in a rehabilitation clinic for 4 weeks, neurology dept. Hope they can bring some light into darkness.

Actually my panic attacks in the middle of the night are back. During day, I am ok with the situation, trying not to think too much, ready and prepared to manage whatever will come.
But around 3 o clock in the night, my mind suddenly starts to have a problem with that..and I wake up in sudden fear and panic..
I am also used to that ..already. It just had left me for a while...Those night attacks..I hate them

There is no other reason I can think of for my muscle decline in lower arms and the strong pain, making me more and more useless...And also my brain is leaving me..
It is remarkable that I managed to fail with EVERY single diary entry in my schedule for April. There was NO single correct entry. So I really started to have a mental problem, too.
As I lost my toe nails, I was at a podiatrist yesterday. She told me that's an orthopaedic problem. I would just walk on the outer edges of my feet...Yes, because my foot muscles had declined..I would say..I have a kind of hollow foot since the twitching started there.

so tomorrow I will leave for "the cure"...;-) / or maybe not..
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on March 23rd, 2016, 4:23 pm

Good luck at The clinic ! I hope You Will get some relieve and maybe an answer !
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on March 25th, 2016, 6:00 am

Thanks Bibi, but they told me, they are doing no diagnostics here. I had my first neurological examination yesterday:

Flat reflexes and clinical weakness, left arm... :oops:
I feel awful...strong vertigo, weakness and pain in arms getting worse each day...and the worst...amnesic aphasia...The words get stuck in my mouth for I cannot find..
My first chat here in the clinic was with a grandma and her grandchild for her 41 year old daugher has ALS in final stage :oops:
the topic haunts me...

What does flat reflexes stand for? I had that several times....
It gets hard to open doors due to weakness...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on March 25th, 2016, 7:12 am

Sorry to hear !
I have pain in my left shoulder and arm and i have low feber since 25/2 . First i wasnt worried about fever , i had a cold at that time. Then i Was back to work 2 days and then fever again , Went to doctor , my crp Was 19. I Was put on penicillin wit no help. Then after a week crp Was 48 and i Got roxythormycin. After 7 days fever gone , but now it is back , still 2 days left with roxythromycin. I Went to a reumatolog and she Said a have a bursitis in left shoulder told me not to use my arm for 14 days and then come back. I feel awfull , i am so tired and also have sort of cronic heartburn and food getting stuck in throath. I fear that All this issues together with twitching is sign of neurological dissease .
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on March 25th, 2016, 12:48 pm

Dear Bibi,

but obviously it is something inflammatory..! So there is hope for you! I had a higher crp just once..
.I asked for a more experienced neuro today, because I do not know how to stand the rehabilitation plan (4 weeks). I had to drive to the ER with my older daughter today, I myself felt like staying there..
Then I had the conversation with the neuro in my clinic here...she agreed on the atrophy and weakness in left arm. And she realized my problems to find the right words. I often used the wrong ones...now I get another schedule...with logopaedic and neurophsychology treatment..
She said it can often just be measered during time whether it is ALS or not...I should be happy, that I do not have a final diagnosis yet and in my reports would be just the "suspected ALS". Ohh
good to know!!!
..My next (private) appointment at neurmuscular ambulance is 2nd of May...
Another new symptom: pins and needles at a certain part of the back...
Today I was about to go back with my husband and kids to our home town (5 hours drive)...But they asked my to give it a try...I just hope that the health problems of my daughter will not appear again. Next children hospital is about an hour to drive...

It is NOT very compfortable to have twitches AND atrophy and clinical weakness.... :shock:
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on March 26th, 2016, 6:03 pm

Dear German

I understand your fear and frustration , offcourse no one wish a final diagnose , but no diagnose is also hard to live with if You have symptomes . One time i Was also told that only time Can tell . I heard of a woman Who had problems with her hands. She had clonus and a bad EMG , se also had fascikulations . She Was " suspected " with Als . She had several EMG s during 4 years and The final one Was fine and she Was told that it now Was very unlikely to be Als. I hope that You Will have some improvement during your stay that Will point away from Als .
Thinking of You
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on March 30th, 2016, 1:07 pm

Dear Bibi,

thanks for your encouraging post....
I have problems with my hands, too. I realized it in my "hand group". Fine motoric is very bad. My arms are weak...this night felt like paresis...and I thought..now I am there, now I am there. Willing to break up this rehabilitation programm...I am sent to the gym each day, train coordination and so on. But no chance to put weight on my arms..

Yesterday I was told that I am lacking natrium in the blood. I have to take a supplement now. My second thought was...why? Could it have s.th. to do with my hurting colon..and my inflammation there..? Maybe I am also lacking some other things. Then I realized that I have strong hypothyreodism actually, gaining weight every day...beeing heavily depressed, cannot find the right words ...all signs showing me that I am also lacking thyroid hormones. So I raised my dosage today..

The worst thing which drives my really nuts is the heavy burning pain of my lower arms. I really thought about amputation already...It is just half a joke. But I know that there are some other measures before that. And that strong burning pain is my hope that it is indicating s.th. else then ALS...Maybe they set me on cortisone here..I would give it a try. Last time it worked...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on March 30th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Dear German !

So Many health issues , it is so depressing not to have an ( treatable ) diagnosis.
I Went to The reumatolog today , because of pain in my left arm , i have a bursitis and she gave me steroid infection. But i cant raise my arm and now she thinks i have a frozen shoulder too. I had it in Right arm 2012-2014 and When The shoulder was ok , i had pain in hip and back so i Went to a fysioterapeut Who told me my muscletonus Was Wrong , few days later i had twitches in feet .... And later it spread to my legs , hands face.... . Later today i saw my GP because i had fever for 4 weeks . She wants me to have boodworks done to rulle out some cancers in blood or bonemarrow. Like You i feel this nightmare dont stop.
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Support Group