clear atrophie of left lower arm

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: clear atrophie of left lower arm

Postby Yuliasir on February 24th, 2016, 12:42 am

leaflea,
it could make sense, since mine have started after several years on oral contraception with efficient decrease in ovary activity. I am now still hormonally active, and have less twitches even in very stressful periods of time...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on February 24th, 2016, 1:20 am

This came as such a surprise to me. I'm sure there is some connection. 34 more unusual symptoms, I have so many. All related to low estrogen. I used to be high, so I suppose the difference is dramatic. Estrogen effects cns. Who knew? Limbs falling asleep, stiffness, blah blah blah. If only I knew if I should take estrogen or how long this might last now. So strange the hot flashes got so bad so far into it. burning tongue bibi!
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on February 24th, 2016, 3:08 am

You may discuss this with your gyno. Estrogen has strong effect on CNS as antidepressant and anxiolytic (I know that for sure since being pregnant and taking strong estrogene oral contraceptives were the only periods in my life I was free from fears and worries), but it could be dangerous in tems of cancer (some breast tissue is very sensitive to high estrogene level). However modern oral contraception is low on estrogen so I used one for 7 years pretty safe (with yearly checks of course). So you may choose some substitutive therpay (similarly to that one which ladies with ovaryectomy have to use) until your body would settle dowm.

A bit of estrogene is produced by our adrenal glands, so in menopause the body may try to run then at higher rates, increasing all the rest of adrenal hormones release too. So we become twitchy, anxious, flushing etc.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on February 24th, 2016, 10:24 am

I had My last period i january 2014 and in april i observed My feet twitching. I had a frozen shoulder from 2012 to 2014. It is more commen in menopausel women . I know i am sensitive to hormonchanges , i have 3 children and in every pregnance i felt very depressed in the beginning and every time the depression totally disapeared after 4 months. A year ago my neuro send me to a gynækologist ,but she would not recommand hormones, and she did not take blood samples. I just turnd 57 so i was old when i had my last period.
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby leaflea on February 24th, 2016, 11:33 am

I'm sure there is some association for us, however complex. Have you tried natural estrogens like flax and primrose? I plan to. In looking into this, found specifically burning mouth to be association.
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on February 24th, 2016, 1:22 pm

I tried some , here it is Called BIDRO , with some plants ( dont know The english name ) together with magnesium and E +B6 vitamin. It made The burning in tounge Worse and my stomach upset. I Went of Them and tried to start again , so i am quite sure . Tomorrow i Will try akupuncture for The first time . i hope You Will share your experience with The natural estrogen .
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on February 24th, 2016, 1:36 pm

Dear both, yes I agree, that hot flushes might be due do meno pause...what our age is concerned (I am heading 46) I think we are now in an age, where degenerating processes might start, too. People get cancer, rheumatism and more in our age...some people might get metabolic problems, too.. I think we have to pay the bill for our lifes now (healthy or unhealthy lifestyles...my one was more the latter). And hormone dysregulation might start. The body is a system (though german doctors seems not to like this perspective). And some processes might get out of regulation, too...This is my personal view on it. Today I was at neuromuscle ambulance. They took again some new antibodies...(I think the VGCK and stiff person...) My sulcus ulnaris syndrom was confirmed again. EMG did not change compared to last time (no spontanuos activity, no crams, no faszis, in general not much huge potentials). They did 2 muscles. I have to wait on the appointment.
Bibi how are you doing in general? Are you a bit better? Leflea I keep my fingers crossed for your markers!! Please drop us a line...!
Last edited by German2 on February 25th, 2016, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on February 24th, 2016, 1:53 pm

What my hormone situation is concerned I have too less estrogen. Did take an estrogen contraceptiva for one year, before giving birth to two children. During my pregnancies I felt like I alomst died...total fatigue..vomiting...nine month. I had hair loss before my pregnancies. There was a lot going on...My gyn told me I am far from menopause last time...but the hot flushes which I have since about 3 weeks...maybe I am there now. I think hormones have a lot of influence on the body...if not the most.
I actually do not have any twitches. I can minimize em with MgHcl foot bath in the evenings. I had a flare up again and started the treatment. Actually none apart from my hotspot which is there since beginning.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on February 24th, 2016, 5:04 pm

I feel awfull , twitching , small cramps in feet every Day , stiff in my left leg , pain in left arm ( and twitches there too ) cronic heartburn and burning tounge. Sweating , specially in Nights and sometime i have could spells like i have fever , but i dont. In have an appointment in june with an Als neuro, but my GP Will try to get me in earlier. She is very sweet but old and she often forget to do things and i have not heard from The hospital so i have to check up on this. Just now i have a week off on vacation and i am just tired. I work as a laboratorie technisian and it is not easy with dystoni in Right hand and now pain in left arm...tomorrow i Will have akupuncture for The first time. I hope it Can help for my pain in arm. Thanks for asking !
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on February 25th, 2016, 1:48 am

I tried accupuncture for my legs last year. Kind of worked. ...I know how you are feeling. Both of my arms hurt very much. Skin burning, inner pain, I cannot put weight on my ellbows. Back pain, stiffness everywhere, feeling fatigued....This night waking up again wiht cannot raise my arm (for my muscles on my shoulder bladders have somehow reduced...or so..the neuro yesterday did not really know). someday I really do not want to face life. In the ambulance they told me I belong to a group of clients which they could not give a diagnosis for they do not know what is going on. They recommended me Pregabalin. But I do not want to take it...I am so frustrated like you...especially this morning..Next appt there is in a year. Hope my sulcus is not worsening since than..
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on February 25th, 2016, 11:43 am

Not sure if this is related to the more recent posts in this thread, but I wanted to chime in and say that for me the twitching is 100% related to (among other things) my cycle and hormones. In fact, when I get an uptick in twitching, I know that means my period is about to start in a week.
Hope you all find answers!
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby leroyb on February 26th, 2016, 11:14 am

Estrogen is what makes women get mnd less than men. Be happy for it! :D
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on March 2nd, 2016, 6:57 am

Back from immunology ambulance, Berlin, Charité´: Yes, could be Cchronic Fatiuge Syndrom. Some symptoms are typical, others not. They are sure I had it 17 years ago and then a complete remission (where I had my fist period of beeing sick, with twitches, fatigue and much more...). But: CFS does not change the nerve conduction space and sulcus ulnar nerve syndrom...No arms getting thinner and thinner feeling like raw flesh...So they suspected me to have something else now..ok. this was my final medical destination to go in Germany..They took a lot of blood to do PCR and more. It can be positive, but not necessarily to proove CFS. But they are not sure...Me either not. It is so exhausting. I was off home 2 days, sitting in train for hours...and no concrete outcome again...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on March 7th, 2016, 1:15 am

leroyb

Haha, but then again my estrogen is almost gone now. So, there we have it. I'm not worried about MND really at all any more. I'm more wondering if I should take any estrogen or not. My low estrogen related issues are pretty severe. Thank goodness I don't have such dramatic mood and personality changes, but everything else. I've heard taking the estrogen AFTER I'm done INCREASES different risks like dementia, but starting it in early peri is neuroprotective, cardioprotective etc. One of my symptoms is the brain fog. Its been bad. Really bad. Scares me. It has improved somewhat in recent months with acetyl choline and L-carnitine. Plan to really start up the coconut, fish, flax oils and turmeric. Nothing at all to lose with any of these things. I've been reading a lot about coconut oil, unrefined...my opinion is we should ALL be taking it.
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on March 9th, 2016, 8:16 am

I VE lost my first toe nail today. second is in progress to get loose..fungus is excluded already. Any ideas?..naill changes at hands . Small caves....
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Support Group