Constant thumb twitch

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Constant thumb twitch

Postby lilyjames on December 13th, 2015, 9:52 am

Hi all. I have been away for a while. My journey started in March 2012 with calf twitching, cramps in feet and a host of others. Had two emg in 2012 and things have been quite steady since end of 2013, until a couple of weeks ago and then wham mega twitching again legs and feet, numbness in big toe, constant eye twitch but my big worry is my new twitch which is constant in my thenar making my thumb move, this has been happening for about four days now non stop

Please help, is this normal bfs, to twitch constantly??? I can feel my stress levels soaring as I really thought that I was coming out the other side of bfs, guess not

Any help would be greatly appreciated
lilyjames

Re: Constant thumb twitch

Postby Yuliasir on December 13th, 2015, 11:48 am

Hi,
it is a hotspot, and hotspots could last for days and even weeks. Please do not worry, 4 days are far not the longest period known in our community.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby lilyjames on December 13th, 2015, 12:05 pm

Thank you so much for your reply

Are hotspots usually constant? My thumb feels quite sore with this and I don't know why but this is worrying me more than calf and leg twitches

Just need reassuring that it is normal bfs stuff to have thumb twitch
Have been doing really well but anxiety is raising its ugly head again
lilyjames

Postby Yuliasir on December 14th, 2015, 1:09 am

Can not tell you what could be the length, it is very individual. It is normal that the thumb is sore becasue twitches are still muslec activity, and excessive activity causes soreness of course. If yuy search this forum, you would find that many fellows had thumb twitches and hotspots.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby lilyjames on December 14th, 2015, 1:52 am

Thank you once again for reply. Can't get to neuro until early January so I know I have to be strong .

I suppose I have never had a hot spot like this before all adds to the worry, but I had been doing so well so I try to tell myself that it is just a flare up nothing else

If anyone else would like to chat it would be good as without you guys I have no one to speak to about this x
lilyjames

Postby guitarguy11 on December 14th, 2015, 7:13 pm

I had a hot spot last Spring into early Summer - about 3 months - the top of my left elbow - almost non-stop. My neuros both shrugged and did not concern themselves with it.
guitarguy11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group