NIH Study

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

NIH Study

Postby LadyChester on December 6th, 2004, 7:44 pm

The National Institutes of Health is requesting volunteers for a study examining the best ways to screen patients with neurological disorders that lead to muscle stiffness. I have been searching for clinical studies at a number of large institutions and this is the only one I've found so far in the US that directly addresses some of our issues. I don't know about anyone else, but I twitch until I go into muscles spasms. From there, my muscles spasm until I can't bend my appendages at all., so I suspect I'll qualify! I'd encourage anyone within a day's travel of Washington, DC to try to participate in this study. Maybe the information gathered and analyzed from us will help others!!!

Here is a copy of the e-mail I received from the NIH in response to my request for more information about the study:

jfs RE: NCT00015444, 010145: 01-N-0145- Screening Protocol for Patients with Neurologic Disorders with Muscle Stiffness

Thank you for your inquiry. We at the NIH Clinical Center Patient Recruitment and Public Liaison Office welcome the opportunity to assist you. Our office provides information about how to become a participant in the research studies at the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, MD. The NIH Clinical Center is the research hospital for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). All of our care is directly related to our medical research studies.

All of the studies you see on our web site are conducted at our facility. Currently, we are providing a preliminary screening for the study that you mentioned. If you are interested in being screened for this study, please call us toll free at 1-800-366-5165 (TTY 1-866-411-1010). If call volumes are high and you choose to leave a voice message, please include a telephone number where you can be reached between the hours of 8:00AM -6:00PM EST Monday through Friday.

The research team will be able to provide further information on the study if you meet the preliminary screening criteria.

Patient Recruitment and Public Liaison Office
Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center
National Institutes of Health
10 Cloister Court
Building 61
Bethesda, MD 20892-4754
[email protected]
1-800-411-1222
TTY 1-866-411-1010
Monday-Friday 8:00AM-6:00PM EST
Closed Federal Holidays

http://clinicalstudies.info.nih.gov/

The purpose for collecting your name and e-mail address is to respond to your query and/or refer you to one or more Institutes for possible participation in a study. Please be advised that email is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication contains sensitive or personal information, you are encouraged to contact us by phone via our toll free number

LadyChester
Interested
Interested

NIH Study

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics