More specific diagnosis than BFS

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

More specific diagnosis than BFS

Postby misterjuanperalta on October 26th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Hi all,

I recently obtained new bloodwork results that demonstrated serological evidence for celiac disease as being present. Wheat allergy blood tests were normal. It is likely my BFS is a result of gluten neuropathy, aside from other (borderline) sugar/insulin metabolism problems. Sural nerve, skin and muscle biopsies are pending for additional confirmation.

Read how biopsies are relevant here: http://archneur.jamanetwork.com/article ... id=2279878
Read Getting to the root of my BFS: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21762#p163251
Read Health Advice: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21823#p163509
Last edited by misterjuanperalta on November 16th, 2015, 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Re: More specific diagnosis than BFS

Postby Xina535 on October 29th, 2015, 8:01 am

I AM SO UPSET THAT DOCTORS LET YOU GO ON FOR SO LONG AND MISSED A SIMPLE BLOOD TEST FOR CELIAC DISEASE WHICH YOU HAVE!!!!

Another BFSer was confirmed with adrenal fatigue, but for the first 2 years, was called "psychosomatic" and "it's just anxiety".

HELLO!?!?

What purposes are these doctor's serving!? Everyone needs to take THEIR request for blood work to their doctor or to the lab directly and never ever wait for any doctor to try to find any answers for you.

What if you misterjuan just continued living the way you are with celiac disease or another BFSer's adrenal fatigue going unnoticed? GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR I could flip cars! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on October 30th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Celiac is about as extreme as a gluten intolerance can get, but you can be gluten intolerant without having Celiac. I had gluten issues but do not have Celiac, and it was a contributing factor to my BFS symptoms. Find more info and studies on non-Celiac gluten intolerance referenced here: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1872
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby misterjuanperalta on November 11th, 2015, 8:48 pm

Check out this case presentation: viewtopic.php?f=3&p=163536#p163536
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor