Shoulder and neck cramps

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Shoulder and neck cramps

Postby guitarguy11 on October 23rd, 2015, 11:37 am

For the last 2 or 3 weeks, I have been experiencing cramp like pains in the tops of my shoulders and up into the back of my neck. They happen mostly when I am doing nothing - at rest. Sometimes they happen when I sneeze or exercise, but mostly they come on just when I am at rest. They feel like a light bulb on a dimmer switch - like someone turns up the dimmer switch slowly and then turns it back down slowly. I am not aware that I am twitching in these places. Anyone else experience this? I have never had these before. Thanks!
guitarguy11

Re: Shoulder and neck cramps

Postby RIno468 on October 23rd, 2015, 12:15 pm

you mentioned exercises - what exercises are you doing? are you doing anything different? (ie: different exercises, different weight, different sets / reps)
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby guitarguy11 on October 23rd, 2015, 12:46 pm

The only thing I can point to is I am doing leg stretches that my physical therapist gave me with a stretch strap. These stretches might be putting some strain on my neck and shoulders, but I am not entirely sure. I have been doing these stretches 3 times per day for about a month. Just kind of weird when they happen intermittently during the day when i am just sitting around - a long time after I did my last set of stretches. I experience them maybe 2 to 5 times a day. They vary day to day.
guitarguy11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group