Treatment/Cure Thread

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Treatment/Cure Thread

Postby Jocruz on December 16th, 2014, 9:01 am

Can we get an official treatment/cure thread going? I'm over the anxiety and I'm starting to believe that this is all treatable and curable. I've noticed that when I'm fasting, I have absolutely no twitches at all. I'm not sure if its gut related, stress related or a combination of both. Any info is appreciated. Lets beat bfs.
Jocruz

Re: Treatment/Cure Thread

Postby SecretAgentMan on December 16th, 2014, 5:35 pm

I consider myself cured, so I will chime in. In my case both gut and anxiety were important factors that contributed to my BFS symptoms and both needed to be addressed before I was able to be rid of it. I won't advocate that what worked for me will work for everyone else, as I know it is never that simple. That being said though the things that helped me the most at a high level were fairly universally good advice. Eat less processed foods and more natural organic foods would be part of it. Learn to face your emotional and psychological issues and resolve them rather than run away from them or deny them. Learn to find peace inside no matter what storm is raging outside. Obviously there was far more to it than this, but like I said, at a high level this is sage advice for anyone to follow. You are adopting the right attitude.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Jocruz on December 17th, 2014, 12:04 pm

Thanks for your response Secretagentman. My anxiety is minimal now, but when all of this first started I was going through some things in my head that led to panic attacks and depression. I've learned to accept my anxiety. Now I just want my body to get back to normal. Things that irritate my bfs are:
-nicotine
-alcohol
-caffeine
-lack of sleep
-certain foods (beans, cow dairy, grains)

Exercise actually helps. It gives me a feel good feeling. I also suffer from IBS which I'm sure most here do. Thats actually more bothersome to me than the twitching. I have constant gas, and my gas is "hot". There has to be a way to fix this.
Jocruz

Postby Jocruz on December 24th, 2014, 1:58 pm

Let's all make a new years resolution to beat this terrible disorder. It starts in the mind. We need to all take control of put anxiety first. Next, we need to abstain from things that make us worse ie. Caffiene, alcohol, nicotine. We can do this. This is reversable.
Jocruz

Postby Rainyjane on October 11th, 2015, 8:30 am

I am cured. It took 11 years. The first two years were hell, the third year was a bit better but still bad. Years four and five were a LOT better. It did go up from there.

I managed it by staying away from the Internet and forums like this...sorry, but I had to come back to post a video about staying away from Aspartame! I have to get off the forum now, but the things that helped em were, in the beginning sitting under the shower, then Valium, 10mg a day (careful with that, was starting to turn my brain to mush, bad memory! But it helped for about ten years) VERY hot baths so you can barely get in to mellow the muscles. Then I just tried not to think about it and have fun with my life! That is what cured me really. It took time is all. I took comfort in the fact my doctors assured me there was nothing wrong, and I BELIEVED them.

Hugs to all of you! I know what you are going through 100 percent.mand check out the lady on this video. I saw this today and it was like a revaluation. I used to drink a lot of diet coke!

http://chachanova.com/danger-of-aspartame/
Rainyjane

Postby Rainyjane on October 11th, 2015, 8:31 am

Forgot to say been cured about five years.
Rainyjane

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management