new twitches

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

new twitches

Postby hawk78 on October 1st, 2015, 9:27 am

I am sure this has been asked before but like many people i am hoping to find that this isnt abnormal. i have had random muscle twitching for almost two years. calves seem to be active a lot while the other ones are hit and run, one thump and go randomly throughout the body. I was doing well for a long time with dealing with these until about 10 days ago when I suffered a panic attack. since that day i have felt weak in my right ankle that I am thinking is perceived. what else came of that was foot twitching. i have had twitching in my feet before but as sustained as these are. it is in both feet, but the majority of the time its spent in the right foot and kinda in the same area, but does bonce all over. i have not noticed weakness on self testing. is this new sustained foot twitching apart of my anxiety and is it normal to develop new spots to twitch after so long or am i the exception to the rule? any help would be great.

-George
hawk78
Interested
Interested

Re: new twitches

Postby guitarguy11 on October 1st, 2015, 10:00 am

This sounds like very common and normal twitching for BFS or anxiety - calves and feet are very common locations. I have these locations off and on for at least a year, plus random ones all over. Try not to worry about it - it just makes it worse.
guitarguy11

Postby hawk78 on October 1st, 2015, 4:41 pm

Thanks for the reply and all those who looked at this so far. Over the course of today I was feeling better but then noticed twitching of my left thumb which is new. . Very dark place right now. Even though I have twitching all over my body randomly I can't seem to see this is unrelated to that. Am in trouble?!
hawk78
Interested
Interested

Postby guitarguy11 on October 1st, 2015, 7:37 pm

I seriously doubt you are in trouble. I had have twitches all over the place - mine started in my eyelid and jumped to my thumb. I currently have them in my legs and some random one time pops. Twitches by themselves are very, very rarely anything to fear. And by now, you have been twitching long enough that you would be noticing something else - tripping, falling, dropping things, etc. You would know by now that your ankle is weak - it would not be "I think it is weak." There would not be any question if it was something bad. Go to your GP - ask them to give you clinical strength tests - but I am willing to bet you that you will pass those and be just fine. This sounds like twitches made worse by anxiety and stress. Believe me, everyone on this board has been there. I am starting to come out of a dark place and I am trying to help others.
guitarguy11

Postby Yuliasir on October 1st, 2015, 11:20 pm

hawk, of course you are in trouble but not becasue of MND. It is so sad that just a relatively small percent of fellows accepts the idea that thry ARE in trouble, and this trouble is not MND but a complexe disorder including severe anxiety and paraneurological symptomes. Bad news are doctors still do not know the root cause, good news are this does not kill (however makes the QoL incredibly miserable) and it is symptomatically treatable with a chances for good level of mental and mood recovery (which is a perfect result considering we almost never have significant or disabling neurological deficites lasting after mental improvement). But you need to consider THAT as a trouble, not feeling a relief - oh, it is not MND I would not die in next three years... - becasue, as you may know, our disorder in its A (anxiety) part never allows us to feel relief for long time, and many of us waste years for fear, loosing jobs, prospectives, families, friends, etc. - so it is not an innocent condition anyway. But shifting a focus may be helpful, I believe.

as for your question, if it is typical for BFS to develop a new site in 2 years, well, I can say YES YES YES. I am personally developing new ones (and new symptomes) every quarter or so. I've just developed a wormlike sensation under my right shoulder blade for the last three weeks, but due to its very nature I know it is BFS sensory stuff. I am well over three years in BFS so hope it is a good reference.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby hawk78 on October 2nd, 2015, 10:57 am

I just want to extended sincere thanks and appreciation to all those on this forum that take the time to help others out. Personally have never experienced teitching in my thumbs before it's sent me spiraling downhill. Thanks to those who get similar experiences it's helped a little bit. Hopefully one day I can feel comfortable even though it's been two years to come out of this darker place and help others do the same. God bless
hawk78
Interested
Interested

Postby hawk78 on October 2nd, 2015, 11:14 am

I did have one last question. I notice a lot of people have twitching on sites such as both feet or both lower legs. Does it make a difference if it's only on one side that seems to be more sustained?
hawk78
Interested
Interested

Postby Yuliasir on October 2nd, 2015, 2:51 pm

nope no difference at all. vice versa, we have MANY fellows (probably the majority of us) complaining for having ONE SIDE preferenital twitching (mine is left for example). This is very common for BFS.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Scboy on October 2nd, 2015, 6:55 pm

I mostly twitch on my left side. I don't think it is uncommon to have one side twitch more.
Btw I don't see any mention of pain in in your posts. If twitching is all you have consider yourself lucky. I have nerve pain as well as twitching, but getting better and better with diet modification and moderate exercise
So rejoice if you are pain free. Something is wrong but it's not going to kill you and you can live a perfectly normal life with it if you get past the mental part.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby hawk78 on October 4th, 2015, 6:14 pm

I want to extend a sincere thank you to all who replied. There are some truly amazing people. The support has been awesome. I will look at your replies when I need to refocus. Thank you for all the time all of you do to help so many out there.
hawk78
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management