Msg from veteran about EMG

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Msg from veteran about EMG

Postby Richard on September 28th, 2015, 9:12 pm

This was a reply to a private message I got. But I thought it would be useful to anyone new and scared, so here it is.

Hope this helps someone.

-Richard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Sorry it took me so long to reply to you. Guess I have not logged in for quite a while.

I assume you have gotten it together by now and are probably helping others.

You know doctors have this thing they put in their notes: "we cannot rule out". That simple phrase leads to lots of unneeded tests, expense, heartache, and in some cases damage to patients. Because medicine is so much of an art as a science, they don't want to rule things out until they are 100%. But rarely they are able to determine 100%. So they are sometimes a pain in the ass like in the message you sent me below.

Most neurologists could see you walk in the room, shake your hand, and know whether or not with a fair amount of certainty that you have ALS. I have had many EMGs and I they would be useful if they could find nerve entrapment. Which BTW could be operated on. Beyond that I am not sure their value. So your legs twitch so do most people's. So what.

Anyway keep your head up. Unfortunately everyone in this world has problems. You also. Thank God that it isn't worse. Find religion, that starts to put your life in perspective.

Hope I have helped you.
-Richard
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Re: Msg from veteran about EMG

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 29th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Richard!

Long time no talk. I hope that all is well with you. I think this is sage advice but I would expand it from just religion to spirituality. When I use the word 'spirituality' I am simply referring to the relationship one has with the greater non-physical aspects of themselves and the universe. Religion would be organized belief systems agreed upon by the different groups of people who participate in them. To use a sports analogy, spirituality would be exercise and religion would be organized sports such as football, baseball, basketball, etc. and all the rules and structure that those forms of physical activity come with. All of them are exercise, but you don't need to have an organized sport in order to exercise. So you don't need to find a structured religion in order to be spiritual.

It is not my intent to single any religion out or to denounce religion. My intent is to be inclusive to more than just religion. I believe there is great value in spiritual pursuits because from them we learn, grow, and evolve. I would not have shed my fear of death if not for my spiritual pursuits and I am one of those people who needed to find my own path. Thank you and take care.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Richard on September 30th, 2015, 9:29 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:Richard!

Long time no talk. I hope that all is well with you. I think this is sage advice but I would expand it from just religion to spirituality. When I use the word 'spirituality' I am simply referring to the relationship one has with the greater non-physical aspects of themselves and the universe. Religion would be organized belief systems agreed upon by the different groups of people who participate in them. To use a sports analogy, spirituality would be exercise and religion would be organized sports such as football, baseball, basketball, etc. and all the rules and structure that those forms of physical activity come with. All of them are exercise, but you don't need to have an organized sport in order to exercise. So you don't need to find a structured religion in order to be spiritual.

It is not my intent to single any religion out or to denounce religion. My intent is to be inclusive to more than just religion. I believe there is great value in spiritual pursuits because from them we learn, grow, and evolve. I would not have shed my fear of death if not for my spiritual pursuits and I am one of those people who needed to find my own path. Thank you and take care.

Hi SAM, good to see you around. It is good some veteran's show up so those new and scared can see it is possible to move forward with this.

Unfortunately dwelling on this actually does upset me. I am not that strong. So I will disappear again for a while.

Take care!
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group