Metabolic Diseases

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Metabolic Diseases

Postby misterjuanperalta on September 23rd, 2015, 9:45 am

Alterations in the metabolic environment of muscles and nerves may result in alterations of muscle and nerve membrane resting potentials with subsequent spontaneous depolarization. Electrolyte (hypo- and hypercalcaemia and -natraemia), glucose and acid-base imbalances are the most common metabolic abnormalities resulting in tremor. Tremors and fasciculation, rather than muscle weakness, are more common with hypocalcaemia than with hypercalcaemia. Tremors and fasciculation with metabolic conditions tend to be episodic and of irregular frequency.

Source: http://cynologist.com/index.php/dog-ill ... -syndromes
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Re: Metabolic Diseases

Postby Xina535 on September 26th, 2015, 7:41 am

Misterjuan,

Do you think you could make one post which lists all the possible causes of twitching? And we can make it a Sticky so that anytime you have more information, to post it there? I think these are AWESOME findings which can help so many people, including seniors on here plus people who are just stopping by.

And maybe one for blood tests to ask for?

And another one for supplements that can possibly help?

I can help with the last two, as I have an ongoing list from your posts on here.

They could all be stickys.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby misterjuanperalta on September 26th, 2015, 7:56 am

That will be an undertaking. No guarantees, but in the meantime, people can search my posts.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics