Sorry to be so gross, but diarrhea and twitching link?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Sorry to be so gross, but diarrhea and twitching link?

Postby leroyb on September 14th, 2015, 2:40 pm

Glad it's giving you some relief Xina but I wouldn't give a penny to those charlatans.
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Xina535 on September 16th, 2015, 1:47 pm

leroyb wrote:Glad it's giving you some relief Xina but I wouldn't give a penny to those charlatans.

I am trying everything and anything I can! Anything in my reach. Tried hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, osteopath, X amount of neuros (both self pay and through insurance), acupuncture, orthopedic docs, X amount of shots in my back/neck, stretching, progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, meditation, physiotherapy, marijuana, X amount of meds/supplements, infusions (self pay), diet change, I even had a hand surgeon put me under and cut a ganglion cyst out of my wrist only because it "could/maybe/might" have had something to do with how my thumb and pinch grip was changing, neuro surgeon consultations, joined X amount of online forums (and drove people on here crazy), paid for medical "advice" online, and much more!!

So yea, a chriopractic Groupon deal for 40 € seemed like nothing and worth a shot!

Here I am on a business trip, providing training to people, and struggling to keep the marker in my hand as I write on the white board and constantly shifting in my seat because of how much and constant my legs are twitching. I'm L-O-O-S-I-N-G it!! :? :cry: :(
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on September 20th, 2015, 1:33 pm

Changes happened:

My hand is not only shaky, clumsy, very fatigued, twitching....but it also HURTS! Yesterday, I had to get some chores down, I did most of the chores with a wrist brace on because 1) I did not want to maybe injure it and 2) I did not want to look at my hand and wanted to FEEL the weakness less, if that makes sense.

By the end of the day, my hand hurt so bad. All over. The thenar muscle on the palm on the thumb side and pinky side, plus my wrist and any of the bones/tendons etc that I gently pressed on the back of my hand hurt very bad. It was not red. It was not swollen. It did not cramp, pre se, where it would lock and I would have to stretch it out, but it felt like as if it had just got done with a violent cramp, if this makes sense. Like the soreness that stays afterwards.

So today, I tried to rest it, and when I went to pick up a 1 liter glass water bottle, BOOM! OUCH! The whole hand hurt, like a radiating pain all within all of my hand.

I am scared that this is related to my muscles getting weak, but then I try to think of positive things, and I can't think of any, because I have no idea what else this could be!?

Anyone have any input about the symptoms? Wouldn't the pinky or thumb first go in MND, then spread? Or can the whole hand go first?

Last note - on Friday, the last day of training, BOTH trainees asked me to repeat something TWICE - and I knew it was because I slurred, my tongue did not feel right. It could have just been a natural thing to occur in life, but I am on the highest level of anxiety and am waiting until my right hand won't work or when I will hear the words, "sorry, I didn't understand." :shock: :shock: :shock:
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on September 20th, 2015, 9:39 pm

Xina
remember P in the ALPIM? P is for pains. I also had them last year - I could not throw out a bag of household waste without having radiating pain in my forearm. Neoprene bandage was really helpful (I had to wear it for about 24 hours to feel some relief).
If you do a lot of speaking, plus anxiety, you WOULD be slurring till the end of a day. It's normal.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on September 24th, 2015, 6:01 am

Thanks, Yulia - makes sense about the slurring. I have slurred again, a couple of times, but I am chalking it up to anxiety at this point.

I went to the psychiatrist who prescribes me Cymbalta for the follow-up and for a new blood test to check my liver values, which were high last time. She said that since Cymbalta is a drug that regulates the dopamine and seratonin in the brain, abruptly stopping it could have definitely caused the diarrhea, and I should do my best to not miss a dose. That is back to normal for me, THANKFULLY! PS - my primary care doctor said all values from my stool and pancreas were normal.

I asked her about the explosive twitching, if missing two days could cause that, and she said that it is rare but it can, that "Cymbalta is stored in the brain, where movement is controlled, so it could affect movement and cause twitching and jerking." She asked me if I could handle it or if it is ruining my quality of life, and I laughed! I told her that the REASON I AM SITTING HERE AND EVEN TAKING CYMBALTA is to control my panic and irrational thoughts BECAUSE I am twitching and think I have MND.

She asked if I had been to a neuro and I laughed again. I told her that all neuros have seen the twitching and have diagnosed BFS. She said she wants to see me every 4 weeks now, due to this and to make sure I am handling Cymbalta ok.

(The reason I had to bring her up to speed is because the other doctor was removed from that position and put somewhere else - because of the whole mix up of him promising I would be submitted to their program, but the hospital policy not allowing it due to city restrictions - I had written about that on here before).

Going to write a separate post about Cymbalta...

here's my post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21766
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on October 1st, 2015, 8:06 am

Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Questions About BFS