Head and scalp?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Head and scalp?

Postby will97 on September 8th, 2015, 10:38 am

Hi all,

I hope that you’ve had a nice summer.

It’s been a few months since I have been on the board with some up’s and downs. However, about a month ago my neuro started me on some meds calles ‘’pre gabalin’’. He actually gave me a different diagnosis other than BFS, he said that he believes that I have ‘’Peripheral nerve hyper excitability’’ … and too be honest, a lot of my symptoms (and many of us here) are seen in the list of symptoms for this disorder. The medicine that he prescribed me is supposed to help relax the nerve … to my surprise I seemed to have less fasciculation’s over the last few weeks, but over the last few days I must say that the twitches are back with a vengeance and they started acting up in a new spot in my body … and me who thought that I’ve seen and felt it all …

I have been having twitches on my head … yes the head, like on the scalp. It’s a little bit higher than the right ear … and its very annoying, it feels like my brain is being squeezed and it’s really not a fun feeling and it hurts, I have pain on the side of my head … like some sort of pressure. When I searched the website I found very little information or people who mentioned that they too had had scalp or head fasciculation’s. Have any of you had this and if so, how long did it last and did you do anything to ease the annoyingness? It’s been 3 days that it’s been there now, so I don’t know if it’s a hot-spot or if it’s just a twitch that will leave on its own soon enough?

To add to the fun, I have been having twitches in other areas as well such as the left deltoid and in different areas of the face … But I am hoping that these will also subside very soon.

I appreciate your input guys and your stories or similar experiences, especially for the scalp.

Thanks guys,
Will
will97

Re: Head and scalp?

Postby will97 on September 9th, 2015, 10:19 am

If anyone has some feed back please do share ...

Right now I have these twitches on the right side of the head, above the ear ... but I also have these massive big very deep tremors and twitches in the left deltoid ...

I am kind of freaking out again as they have been there for a number of days and dont lay off ... its kind of scary and I am not sure what to make of all of this

thanks in advance everyone for your input
will97

Postby crotwich on September 9th, 2015, 11:00 am

will97 wrote:If anyone has some feed back please do share ...

Right now I have these twitches on the right side of the head, above the ear ... but I also have these massive big very deep tremors and twitches in the left deltoid ...

I am kind of freaking out again as they have been there for a number of days and dont lay off ... its kind of scary and I am not sure what to make of all of this

thanks in advance everyone for your input

Are they worse than mine? :)
viewtopic.php?f=8&p=163205#p163205
crotwich

Postby will97 on September 9th, 2015, 12:40 pm

I dont know why but they all seem to be back at the same time and all new things ... now I also have the face on the side of teh jaw, where the side-burns are ... wow thats annoying as hell as well ... and my toungue and throat seem to be swelling up ... Kinda freaking out a little here :(
will97

Postby Xina535 on September 9th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Hi Willi - I have felt tingling in my head, and pressure headaches. I have not had twitching on my scalp, I don't think, but definitely eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, jaw, throat, neck.

The swelling of tongue and throat. Are you sure it's swollen? If so, I think you should go to the doctor or ER depending on if it keeps swelling. It sounds to me like an allergic reaction to something or an allergy problem.

Actually, the pressure/pain headache and the swelling problem may be together an allergic reaction, either to the meds or to some sort of ingredient within the capsule or whatever inactive ingredients contained in the med.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby RachelLee on September 10th, 2015, 4:46 pm

Hey, I've experienced what you have to a degree! I've had the twitching on the scalp, and in the locations behind my ears before. It's weird. I've also experienced the throbbing/ice pick headaches every once in awhile, too. I notice BFS in general gets worse when I'm stressed out -- well, it's a new semester again, and so I'm dealing with deadlines and papers and exams, so I'm starting to notice my BFS symptoms showing up more...just know you're not alone. I'm not sure though if what you are going through, and I also know how crazy the mind can be into making you imagine stuff, too. It's horrible when your mind plays tricks on you and exaggerates the symptoms you have! So, bear in mind that the stress and paranoia always make BFS a bazillion times worse. Just try to relax and calm yourself, talk to your doctor, and maybe read more posts on here from fellow BFS-ers. :D I promise you will feel better soon!
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics