Persistent Glute Pain

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Persistent Glute Pain

Postby PHIL on August 26th, 2015, 11:17 pm

The last few weeks I've had a persistent dull ache in my left glute that basically feels like the muscle is totally overworked. I know about hotspots but I don't think they last for weeks. Besides, the twitching in this muscle is very sporadic so I don't think that is the source. It's freaking me out a little because I've read that such pain can be due to the overworking of a muscle to compensate for a weakened muscle nearby.

Anyone have any thoughts about this or have a similar experience?

Thanks!
"Lately it occurs to me
What a long,strange trip it's been"
PHIL
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Persistent Glute Pain

Postby Yuliasir on August 27th, 2015, 1:14 am

Well, to get compensation pain, you need to get evident weakness in the related leg: constant tripping, strange position of the foot ot upper leg, limping etc. If nothing like this is experienced, then yu should not think about weakness and look for other reasons.

Most probably glute pain is a result of sciatica issues or sometimes it happens in case of new shoes, when your gate is inevitably changes for a few days compared to previous comfortable one.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby PHIL on August 27th, 2015, 4:49 am

Thank you but my neuro already discounted sciatica. No new shoes either plus I've been pretty much house bound the past few weeks due to toll all my symptoms are having on me. When my wife coaxed me out for a long walk the other day, the hip and quad in that leg felt a little stiff compared to the other. Kind of like I was pushing it to keep up.

I guess I can infer from your response that you don't think such persistent focal pain is typical in BFS. Correct?
"Lately it occurs to me
What a long,strange trip it's been"
PHIL
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on August 27th, 2015, 10:03 am

why not? pain synderom is quite often in BFS, I just was looking for any reason beyond that :) well, standing home for a few weeks and then getting a long walk is quite enough to get overworking pain.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 1st, 2015, 9:14 am

You actually may just need new shoes. If your shoes are old and worn unevenly (and it doesn't have to be by much) it will throw off your gait (manner of walking). Even if your shoes appear to be fairly evenly worn the sole material breaks down and compresses unevenly. We really need new shoes more often than most people buy them. Anyway, you likely just need new shoes and a chiropractor visit. I have left hip issues and am very sensitive to shoes so I know from my own experience how important your gait can be for hip and glute pain.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby RIno468 on September 1st, 2015, 3:15 pm

I am guessing you are worried about what we all are worried about from time to time - the dreaded ALS.

Did you fall ?

I don't think ALS starts in the ass, though im not a dr.

As long as you didn't fall - you should be ok.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group