Accepted BFS but this seems like more..advice?!?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Accepted BFS but this seems like more..advice?!?

Postby holly1012 on July 25th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Hey everyone! I was on here a few years ago and you were all so incredibly helpful. Shortly after my BFS showed up I started down a journey of healing my oldest son (he was 2 at the time) and diagnosed with various developmental issues. So needless to say, after a clean EMG and MRI, I ignored the twitching and have just been focusing on him. The only forums I visited were those helping me help him. All that to say, I've been gone but now that HE is better (so grateful) I seem to be physically falling apart again. I am wondering if any of what I am experiencing sounds BFS-related or more autoimmune or what...

I started getting some pain in the top of my left hand about a year ago when I would twist a washcloth, open a jar, etc. It went away pretty quick and I just dealt with it. About a month ago it turned into pain in BOTH hands and wrists. It's migratory joint pain - changes location and intensity. No swelling, warmth, etc. There are some spots that always hurt and others that come and go. And it can be in my right arm and elbow too. I've had some blood tests. CBC, ANA, ESR, the RA factor one and some others to check on inflammation. None specific to lupus yet but my doctor does not think autoimmunity is the issue. All tests were negative, which I know doesn't mean a whole lot as tests fluctuate. I was sure the ANA would be positive and I have lupus or something else show up. I've had some itching around my wrists too but is it allergies? Who knows.

Anyway, have you guys had migratory pain unexplained by tests? Is this just a new part of BFS and I'm in a flare? Twitching is escalated right now for sure.

Thanks in advance and it's good to be back!

Holly
holly1012

Re: Accepted BFS but this seems like more..advice?!?

Postby misterjuanperalta on July 26th, 2015, 5:06 am

Arthritis and/or SSFN (Sensory Small Fiber Neuropathy) should be evaluated.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby holly1012 on July 26th, 2015, 12:48 pm

Thanks so much for replying. It is for sure not arthritis but looking into SSFN it could be that. In some ways that makes sense from what I have read but in some ways not at all. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and I will go elsewhere from here on out and not bother you guys with my BFS questions.
holly1012

Postby holly1012 on July 26th, 2015, 6:42 pm

Oops! I meant I would go elsewhere with my non-BFS questions :)
holly1012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics