Tingling fingers

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tingling fingers

Postby DaveCH on July 23rd, 2015, 12:10 pm

Hi I have had tingling fingers on both hands for around 5 days seems to be worse when arms are bent like using my phone. I have been told it's not MS as it doesn't work symmetrically like this. I'm now worried about ALS/MND which I have been through before with benign fasculation syndrome which I have had for 20 months. My strength seems fine and I have played 3 rounds of golf this week and three 3 mile runs. Please help me. If I remember rightly ALS/MND doesn't have sensory symptoms and if so is always accompanied with weakness. Can anxiety cause this especially if it's the same on both sides ? I have checked my reflexes which I know you shouldn't do but I did it all the time through my last ALS concern and they haven't changed. I must say my tWitching has greatly improved but this tingling is a new thing.
DaveCH

Re: Tingling fingers

Postby Yuliasir on July 23rd, 2015, 12:47 pm

Dave,
having tingling while beding your hand is typical for nerce compression. it is the same as you have tingling in your hands while sleeping. please do not think it is ALS.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby DaveCH on July 23rd, 2015, 12:50 pm

Yuliasir wrote:Dave,
having tingling while beding your hand is typical for nerce compression. it is the same as you have tingling in your hands while sleeping. please do not think it is ALS.

But is it correct that sensory without weakness isn't ALS and sensory points away from ALS
DaveCH

Postby leroyb on July 23rd, 2015, 12:52 pm

It happens Dave but it's not usual.

Much more a BFS symptom.

Oh and and for you it's defintely not anything sinister with no weakness after this long.
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby DaveCH on July 23rd, 2015, 12:56 pm

leroyb wrote:It happens Dave but it's not usual.

Much more a BFS symptom.

Oh and and for you it's defintely not anything sinister with no weakness after this long.

You have me worried now because I don't see a correlation between my BFS and tingling fingers which is why I'm concerned. I know occasional you can have sensory with ALS but it is always accompanied with weakness ?
DaveCH

Postby leroyb on July 26th, 2015, 5:11 pm

I really don't think it's anything to worry about Dave. Do a quick search of the archives and you'll turn up hundreds of results.
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS