Tongue Twitching So Worried- Video

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tongue Twitching So Worried- Video

Postby Twitchy82 on July 22nd, 2015, 9:51 pm

Hi everyone I hadnt written in a while. 2 years ago I started with twitching on and off, went to doctor got tested and diagnosed with BFS. I had my anxiety calm down until recently that I got constant tongue twitches that
you can see in the video. Does anyones twitches look similar? Can thus be something scary! Im going crazy! You can see the twitch on the left side.

http://youtu.be/gr2gm90VlGs
Twitchy82

Re: Tongue Twitching So Worried- Video

Postby misterjuanperalta on July 23rd, 2015, 4:37 am

Can't see private video.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Twitchy82 on July 23rd, 2015, 6:17 am

Sorry, i just fixed that. Here is the link again. The twitch is like a jerk, its making me so nervous, it doesnt stop!

https://youtu.be/gr2gm90VlGs
Twitchy82

Postby misterjuanperalta on July 23rd, 2015, 8:21 am

I can relate to some of those, not all. Have you had EMG there?
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Twitchy82 on July 23rd, 2015, 9:21 am

The twitch i am refering to is the one on the side of the tongue that u can see in theeft side of the video. The others I think are normal movements of my tongue since they dont happen when it is at rest. I didnt have EMG of my tongue but they did do it on my neck.
Twitchy82

Postby RIno468 on July 23rd, 2015, 12:00 pm

Hello

First things first -

1) you are pretty :P

2) If you have been a twitcher for the last 2 years - and no speech problems - I think you are fine.

I get those from time to time.

If you are that worried - just go see a neuro to calm your fears as best as they can.
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby misterjuanperalta on July 23rd, 2015, 12:06 pm

I second that motion. I've had the left-your right one. Do you have C3-C4 issues at all? Hypoglossal passes by there about 5mm proximal.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Twitchy82 on July 23rd, 2015, 12:07 pm

Thank you about the pretty comment!

As for the twitching I really dont want to go back to tbe doctor if the small twitch on the side of the tongue looks like regular bfs twitching. Has anyone else had some like this? Or what does normal
Bfs tongue twitching look like?
Twitchy82

Postby Twitchy82 on July 23rd, 2015, 12:10 pm

No issues that I know about... I talk and swallow fine.
Twitchy82

Postby DaveCH on July 23rd, 2015, 12:14 pm

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I have had that and went running back to my neurologist. The tongue is like any other muscle and nothing to worry about. If you can push your tongue against each cheek and move it up and down your fine. Please don't let this tongue twitch consume you for a month like mine did
DaveCH

Postby misterjuanperalta on July 23rd, 2015, 1:21 pm

There is no difference between a "BFS" and "ALS" twitch. Weakness is the marker. Even then, weakness can be caused by other things, not just "ALS".
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on July 23rd, 2015, 4:26 pm

I had very disconcerting tongue twitches a while back, on the side like you posted and also on what felt like the tip. Actually I have had them several times in my life, but most recently I would say about 9 or so months ago. I know that they were likely directly related to a vicious cycle: I was on too much caffeine, because I was sleepy. But when I was too sleepy and exhausted, my twitching all over increased. I didnt feel them constantly (so not a tongue hotspot) and every time I tried to videotape or show someone they went away. At any rate, nothing to worry about. It is all BFS and you're not alone!
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby emmie.s on July 23rd, 2015, 4:28 pm

Ah here you go:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21244

My original post about tongue twitches. Please dont worry about yours. Mine finally subsided after the holidays and yours will too.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Twitchy82 on July 23rd, 2015, 4:58 pm

Thank you all so much! I hate getting these hot spots because I start with my self testing and second guessing my self. I havent had any twitches on my tongue today but I have still been staring at the mirror all day, looking at my tongue in every position, looking at my soft palate and its simitry, reading out loud to make sure I dont stumble on words and drinking water quickly to make sure I can! I have pressed my tongue against my cheek so many times it hurts! Agh!
Twitchy82

Postby emmie.s on July 24th, 2015, 5:00 pm

I hope youre better today and this weekend, and it goes without saying because you're not new to this and you know better, but STOP SELF TESTING!!!! It will do you no good! A twitch is a twitch is a twitch, and the tongue is a muscle so it will twitch. There is no significance at all with respect to location when it comes to BFS. I have had hotspots inside my eardrum (yep those really take the cake) and I still after a month have a hotspot on my toe and sole of my left foot, and I have had (and will continue to have) twitches on every body part in between. :D
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Questions About BFS