Carpal tunnel?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Carpal tunnel?

Postby lostinneverwhere on July 11th, 2015, 4:59 pm

I've been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, but have an unusual symptom. The norm is my wrist feels tight, irritated, and itchy through my forearm. The abnormal thing I have is that may thumb and pinky want to pull together in a semi cramp way. Its never painful, just tenses together then releases. Only on the left too.

Is that a symptom of carpal tunnel? It was happening until after my last doc appointment.
lostinneverwhere
Interested
Interested

Re: Carpal tunnel?

Postby Yuliasir on July 12th, 2015, 12:04 am

Generally in carpal syndrom thumb tends to come close to other fingers, and it is called "monkey palm". It is one of the hallmarks of well developed syndrome. Maybe it is how it develops with the time.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Capital H on August 17th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Here you go, I have not posted for some years on this forum but today I was back at the hospital having NCV tests for Carpal Tunnel.

I have had so many problems with my right arm lately that is very difficult to sort out what is due to what as Carpal tunnel and other things notwithstanding as I have complications due to nerve compressions higher up. I do not think in the real world there are clear classical text book symptoms as there are personal factors with everybody.
Capital H
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group