Diet-Gut Health

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Diet-Gut Health

Postby Scboy on July 8th, 2015, 9:07 am

My IGG, IGA and IGM were all normal. Is there still a chance that my gut is out of balance despite the normal test results? I am thinking about trying a treatment for the gut but don't want to makes things worse. I had a gluten holiday when I went on vacation last week. I was ok for a couple days then I had some of the worst days of pain I've ever had. After going through this I have no doubt gluten adversely affects me. I am thinking maybe my gut is not well but the blood tests say otherwise. Any advice is welcome.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Diet-Gut Health

Postby Yuliasir on July 8th, 2015, 11:39 am

beside gluten, there are millions of ther ways to get you gut cramps - including just a food poisoning or even gastritis. Also, if you did not get glute for a while, then you can have a kind of alleric reaction after contact, as it was explained here recently (your immune system 'forgets' those proteins and could make a severe reaction therefore. this does not mean you have gluten intolerance.
If you have normal Ig tests, then your immune system is OK :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Scboy on July 8th, 2015, 12:32 pm

By pain mean widespread neuropathic pain. This is my worst symptom by far. Would probiotics be worth trying even if my IG bloodwork was ok? I'm in a lot of pain and no doctor has been able to help. It seems I'm out of options except just trying to treat the pain. So frustrating.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on July 8th, 2015, 10:19 pm

neurogenic pain is a complicated thing to treat (in fact, as far as I understand, for now opioids are the only option but hardly you could live on opiods, unless you are House MD :( ).

do you have a pain clinic somwhere available for you? At least doctros working in this sphere are )or have ot be) deep in the latests researches about pain and its treatment.

As for probiotics, you could try them. They are ususually cheap and, as far as I know, mostly harmless. But I also had read that they are not efficient if taken per os and generally do not help too much to reconstitute your own gut flora.

I have read (and even on the quite scientific Russian sites, for example, on Post Nauka which seems to be quite straight and not para-scientific), that stool implantation is a new way to get gut flora reconstituted, and that people who promote this treatment method claim they could heal many conditions including even scizophrenia via certain new point of view (microbiom as the biggest organ in our body etc.) but I do not know if it a real new way or just new scum way (scum science always pretends it is science-based too, as you know).
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS