A little over a year ago since symptoms started

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby guitarguy11 on June 28th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Just a quick post to let you all know that it has been a little over a year since symptoms started. In about a month, it will be a year ago since my nerve conduction study and EMG. Neuro discharged me March 2015 and told me to come back if it ever bothered me but firmly believed it to be benign. In general, symptoms are much better. I have a few random spasms in legs, hands, torso and arms. For the past three months I have had two hots spots that drive me crazy at times - top forearm at elbow is almost constantly jumping and fluttering. In my arm, all can be seen, most I can feel. Second one is my right ear - the eardrum spasms. It seems like if it is acting up in one of these spots, it doesn't act up in the other. Still have no weakness and am actually stronger than I was a year ago, so I work on my anxiety and try to go about my life. Everything else in my life is good, so I am thankful. I do not think anxiety is the root cause of the spasms, but I KNOW it makes them worse. A year ago, I was a wreck - almost had a nervous breakdown over the symptoms and other stresses in my life. At that point the spasms were so strong, more random and almost constant. My anxiety is down and the spasms are much better today. Thanks to all!
guitarguy11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group