Over 5 years but needing reassurance today

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Over 5 years but needing reassurance today

Postby anxietysucks on June 28th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Since this all began over 5 years ago my left foot has had relatively constant twitching and sometimes cramping (usually at night). I have no weakness. What bothers me right now is it has never gone away completely. It always comes back at some point. Does this mean I have permanent damage in my left foot?
anxietysucks
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Over 5 years but needing reassurance today

Postby RGB on June 29th, 2015, 1:29 pm

I think the word 'damage' is a bit vague and more importantly not very helpful. The fact is that you may always twitch in that foot but as the twitches are harmless then it doesn't really matter.
Also note that it is pretty difficult to find someone who doesn't have foot cramps; all these people are not 'damaged', just human.

This may not be the kind of reassurance you were looking for :) but at the end of the day the conclusion is always going to be the same: You twitch, it's harmless (definitely after 5 year, almost definitely after 5 weeks!) so don't worry.

RGB
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Over 5 years but needing reassurance today

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group