here is the list of diseases with positive symptome

http://www.ehealthstar.com/test/froments-sign

all of them are entrapment of ulnar nerve
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Re: Spot on Thenar eminence? Freak out

Postby misterjuanperalta on June 8th, 2015, 11:41 am

I have C8-T1 issues. I tested it and know it's an impingement issue.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on June 15th, 2015, 1:42 am

Thanks both! I realized that I don't always have that froment's sign. I also did not have any issues come up in my MRI for C8-T1. What I am freaking out about now and really need advice is:

Last night and today, my whole hand feels WEIRD. It feels like as if it is very slightly numb, but I can feel/sense touch just the same. It feels clumsy. I do feel something like a slight, deep itching in a couple places here and there and I am wondering if this is the reason:

Yesterday, I stretched all my fingers on this hand, probably too much. I bent the fingers as far backwards as I could, feeling a deep stretching in my palm and into my forearms. Could this be the reason for this situation in my whole hand today?

I am freaking out because now I am thinking that what is going on with my thumb, that was only limited to my thumb this whole time, is now spreading to my hand. I can still put my thumb to each finger tip, make an 'O' sign and try to break the O with my other hand and it still be intact.

If the stretching could be the cause of this, any idea what I should do to help it get back to normal (ice, heat, wrap it up)?

PS - I go in to the psyche hospital today, but probably won't get tested neurologically for a while, if they test me.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby misterjuanperalta on June 15th, 2015, 12:55 pm

I have those too, even the itch and semi-numb, sandpaper like sensation. Every time I get a sensation in a specific muscle, I compare it to my MRI and neurosurgeon reports.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on June 16th, 2015, 2:54 am

Yesterday, I stretched all my fingers on this hand, probably too much. I bent the fingers as far backwards as I could, feeling a deep stretching in my palm and into my forearms. Could this be the reason for this situation in my whole hand today?

surely, obviously and inevitably, I would say.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on June 16th, 2015, 4:46 am

Thanks, I don't see an improvement today. I tried putting muscle calming/pain relief cream in my hand and no change. Will rest it and wait...

PS, I don't have C8-T1 issues and the top neurosurgeon in my area said my spine problems should not be causing my peripheral symptoms. I can only hope there is something trapped somewhere else, like from my wrist surgery wound that still hurts me and is thick or my elbows or something.

PSS, I got rejected by the hospital yesterday because I do not live in the same city. I will post about what happened sometime. It will blow some minds.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on June 16th, 2015, 6:49 am

Bandage sometines is really helpful. When my arm is going crazy, I put my neoprene stuff on and it helps whithin a day or two.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on June 20th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Thanks, but I realize I really need help here by a doctor or something!

My Thenar (thumb Palm muscle) hurts so much, even at rest quite a bit but definitely when I move it or touch it. The pinky side hypo Thenar is also tender and is making my pinky clumsy. I do have pain at my surgery scar on the back of my wrist, and up towards my pinky area.

Could pain on the back of my wrist and along the bones/tendon of my pinky cause the hypo Thenar muscle to be painful and fatigued? I can't find anything about this online. I can't find info about having both Thenar and hypo thenar pain/soreness.

I am scared that these pains are cramps (or precursor to cramps) related to ***. Like as if these muscles are getting weaker, using them as usual makes them tire more easily and causes this pain. My fingers have not cramped and locked though, like where I would have to use my other hand to unlock....but I am afraid that will come soon. :shock:

I've tried ibuprofen and pain creams, and wrapping, no change.

Any thoughts/advice to help me through to Monday?
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group