Anxiety+insomnia=BFS?

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anxiety+insomnia=BFS?

Postby Kev74 on May 10th, 2015, 7:45 pm

My twitching began 3 years ago after a severe round of stress, anxiety, and insomnia. During that time my twitching has waxed and waned, sometimes I don't even notice them at all. Fast forward five days ago I had an important test and didn't sleep well the night before. Well I failed the test and soon afterwards I developed hotspot in my left thigh that I can still feel (tho it has diminished now). I don't think it's a coincidence that the hotspot developed after all the stress and lack of sleep. I have a couple of ideas about this:
1)I am anxious\stressed most of the time but don't recognize the symptoms because it has become my norm.
2)My sleep has never been the same since the first episode. I rarely feel tired no matter how long I stay awake. I feel like an engine that's idled too high and it could be preventing me from getting deep REM sleep which contributes to my twitches.
3)My first panic attack that started it all may have caused my central nervous system to become hyperactive which causes twitches and makes it difficult for me to sleep well.

These are just my thought's as to what may contribute to my BFS. Any sort of feedback would be appreciated, thanks.
Kev74

Re: Anxiety+insomnia=BFS?

Postby samuelmansano on June 16th, 2015, 1:03 am

in my case my twicthing is fully related to my stress and my sleep , my situation is very similar to yours, lol, when step by quiet periods hardly notice twitches.

sorry for my bad English, I identified a lot with your situation.

good luck!
samuelmansano
Interested
Interested

Re: Anxiety+insomnia=BFS?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Questions About BFS