My annual check in (8 years)

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My annual check in (8 years)

Postby paulzeee on June 15th, 2015, 11:49 pm

Hey all just Paulzeee here with my annual check in, some of the old timers may remember me, to all the new people here a big hello.

I came here 8 years ago because I was twitching, had numbness etc. I was scared, like most of us are when this comes about, so I spent a lot of time here. I got in to see a neuro, he did some tests, stuck some big needles in me, and told me it was benign, at that point I stopped hanging around here because I knew I had to leave my fear behind and get on with things. But I come around once a year for all the new folks and the old timers, to let everyone know I still twitch, daily, and I am still alive and relatively strong. Since I first started to twitch I have faced many ups and downs. In the past year.

I lost my mother to cancer in October, was a rough go for my family especially since dad was lost a couple years ago, I am now parent-less.
My autism son is doing great, we are moving him out of a private school to regular school in September and have him in piano, swimming and gymnastics.
Last year I expanded my business 4 fold, and have now opened a custom trailer division. I am looking to expand again in August.
We moved from Red Deer to Calgary, great city.
I am planning to go hunting antelope this year for the second time.
I am restoring a 69 dodge dart GT.
I have been working hard to help my brother, he is a drug addict.

I could expand on all the details, but the point is this. No matter what you are faced with, you have to keep living, it's easy to get bogged down in worry and let life slip away. To the great majority of you, what you have is benign, it may not go away, get out and challenge yourself and leave that fear behind.

I want to share with you that I lost an older friend to ALS last fall, he was 64. He never twitched, he never complained about twitching. What we all noticed was a slowing of his speech, not a slurring, but everyone thought he had dementia or possibly a stroke. They didn't diagnose him until he was hospitalized a month before he passed. Even in his illness, he kept going, he had a habit of disappearing, he would jump in his jeep and go, wouldn't say a word, and he would just drop in and visit people. This was to the dismay of his wife. I think he knew his time was short, but had no idea why. But he kept on trucking, right to the end.

See you all next year!
paulzeee
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: My annual check in (8 years)

Postby Yuliasir on June 16th, 2015, 2:27 am

HI Paul, so good to gread about great news, of course sad to read about sad ones, but still, life is going on and good to know about this.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby edado69 on June 22nd, 2015, 3:09 am

Greatest Paul!
Fasciculating from the 25/03/2007 (as accurately as I can recall!...)
edado69
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS