SHINGLES

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

SHINGLES

Postby leaflea on June 7th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Yes - just one more nerve related problem! I searched this site and found TWELVE pages on it - it seems many of our members had shingles before BFS, and often at young ages. It will be difficult to find those of us who may have developed shingles AFTER bfs. But, of course, I think I did. I haven't had it diagnosed yet but it walks and sounds like a duck, it probably is. I had chicken pox when I was 2 and now am 48. A couple months ago my lymphocytes were low, but came back in normal range after a few weeks - indicated a weakened immune system which of course scared me silly.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Re: SHINGLES

Postby Yuliasir on June 8th, 2015, 12:58 am

Practically it is expected to get shingles at least once in the life (especially on the background of weakened immune system).
it is so unpleasant, please have my sympathies.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on June 9th, 2015, 8:46 pm

I'd be interested to know what causes a weakened immune system besides HIV and prednisone? I have neither.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on June 9th, 2015, 9:05 pm

My acupuncturist said that he is usually able to clear up a case of Shingles in a 2 or 3 visits. Pick the right tool for the right job and you usually save yourself a lot of pain and frustration. Some sources say that Shingles has been getting more prevalent in correlation with the chickenpox vaccine. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... demic.aspx
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Kevo5684 on June 9th, 2015, 9:48 pm

I got shingles on my head the left side back of my head and up around the front and the twitching started not long after that and I took the antiviruls 2 rounds so I'm not sure if it is intertwined or not
Kevo5684

Postby Yuliasir on June 10th, 2015, 12:45 am

leaflea wrote:I'd be interested to know what causes a weakened immune system besides HIV and prednisone? I have neither.

well, secondary immunodeficite (not so deep as in HIV or on prednisone) could be caused by chronic intoxication of any nature (including antibiotics abnd other medicines, not only prednisone), ionizing radiation, chronic stress, hormonal disorders (among which diabetes and hypothyreosis are no.1), etc.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics