cramp

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

cramp

Postby wookiette on June 5th, 2015, 2:51 am

Hello,
I'm actually pregnant from 6 monts, so very tired and emotiolly disturbed, so i need some reassurance ...

I had some twitches (hot spot, rapid ones, isolated or not, everywhere) for two years, so i can manage with them and imagine that in two years they are benign..

The problem is that since the beginning of may, i noticed a few cramps in the feet (beginning in the intern side and making two fingers (the big one et the "index of the foot)going far away one for the other -i'm french i'm not sure it is clear :-) -).
I had this sensation the evening when going bed, or in the day when sitting or when i etire myself just before going out of the bed the morning. it latst about 10 or 20 seconds, and i had it not so often (one or two a days during three or four days in may and one a week ago, then one last evning and one this morning).

I know pregnancy is a situation you can get cramps this way, and i had a difficult week (lot of work and few hours of slleeping). Have you experienced this too ? I did the mistake going in google and it made me read it can be a symptom of what you know ...

Thanks for your responses.

Sev
wookiette

Re: cramp

Postby Yuliasir on June 5th, 2015, 8:36 am

Dear Sev,
please be reassured your cramps are absolutely explained by high term pregnancy. Foot cramps are caused most probably doe to the fact that the uterus causes pressure on veins (which are already way too relaxed due to hormonal status) so your lower legs blood supply is far from normal. Low blood supply causes cramps.

Of course pregnant women should be aware of other source of cramps at last trimester, namely kidney function impairment due to late stage toxicosis, but I suppose you follow your control tests and gyno follow-up shcedule. Make urine test for proteine and be sure everything is under control.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Re: cramp

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group