The "Second Brain"s effect on the nervous system.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

The "Second Brain"s effect on the nervous system.

Postby BFSBurger on June 3rd, 2015, 2:40 pm

I love when the arrogant, critical mainstream medical system finally catches up with the alternative medical system which has been preaching this stuff for decades.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... ond-brain/

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Re: The "Second Brain"s effect on the nervous system.

Postby SecretAgentMan on June 3rd, 2015, 6:25 pm

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." — Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Buzznerd123 on June 15th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Scboy on July 15th, 2015, 10:04 am

Just had my appointment with my local neurologist and he said I have some strong symptoms of leaky gut. Yes he actually acknowledged leaky gut. Since Hopkins wasn't able to help he suggested treating my gut. He wants to start with essential daily supplement, CoQ10 and magnesium glycinate for three months along with gluten free and minimal dairy. Then if no real change he wants to do a more comprehensive detox. Said all out detox may not be necessary and would like to avoid if possible as it can be brutal.
I tried a probiotic on my own last week for two days and got the most horrendous headache. He said that is a sign my gut is a problem. Never occurred to me. Also the breathing problems I was having in a he past was from really bad bloating not muscular. Nice to find a doctor that is willing to go off the main stream path a bit. He seems fairly knowledgable. I hope this helps cause the main stream medical science had not done anything for me except exclude some diseases.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on July 18th, 2015, 2:46 pm

That is pretty cool that your neurologist is aware of the gut connection to neurological issues. I found that a rotational diet helped me, where I would keep a food journal and would not repeat a food for 72 hours. This allowed me to isolate trigger foods a lot easier. I also had to eat a much simpler diet, but just remember it is temporary. So for one meal I would eat beef, green beans, and rice. I would record those foods in the journal and then not eat them again until 72 hours later. If I felt bad a few hours later, I could go back to my journal and look at what I had most recently eaten and I would know it was likely one of those few foods I had just eaten. By not repeating foods for 72 hours you gain several advantages. You get foods out of your system so that when you are exposed to them a reaction will be more prominent. If you eat potatoes every day your body will constantly be dealing with the trouble they might be causing you. When you are clear of them for a few days and then eat them, it is much more apparent if you have a problem with them or not. The other advantage is that it keeps your immune system from targeting other foods with antibodies. In leaky gut, your immune system is on high alert and you can easily develop sensitivities to new foods. By rotating them the immune system is far less likely to learn a new reaction. It seemed to work for me. Basically to heal leaky gut you need to stop eating the foods causing you inflammation so that healing can begin. You also want to eradicate the candida colonies that are in your gut crowding out the probiotics. Taking probiotics without doing these other things first is kind of a waste of money. Probiotics won't take root if there is no room for them. You want to plug the holes in the ship before you start making other repairs.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics