high muscle tone and voice is gone

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

high muscle tone and voice is gone

Postby German2 on May 24th, 2015, 9:03 am

Hi there!

I opened a thread under questions but now I just need support.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21611&p=162475#p162475

I am taking a medication against high muscle tone and spasm since a few days.
And now my voice is gone. Almost completely...

I had a bad dry caugh for a few days, but on the other hand, this also might be a symptom of central nervous system....?

In 2013 there I experienced something similar, but just for a few hours, without any caugh before. Voice was completely gone...

As you can imagine I am afraid of the worst...

Any words of support?
German2
Saint
Saint

Re: high muscle tone and voice is gone

Postby leroyb on May 24th, 2015, 10:36 am

Afaik German, it doesn't happen like that.
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on May 24th, 2015, 11:13 am

German,
I do not know if it could be a support, but I just wonder what do you mean saying your voice is gone. If you have extreme coarseness (after 2 days of dry cough) - this could be due to it. I remember few years ago I got extremely rapiв voice hoarseness just after eating cold food and it lasted for several days.
I would also suggest to check if voice changes are not a side effect of your myorelaxant.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 25th, 2015, 2:38 am

Better morning...My voice is back again Yulasir..!. Very hoarse and cracking, but there. Yesterday it was completely out of sound. Now I am quite convinced that ist has to do with the caugh the days before...So in that case, it might not be from central nervous system..Just the muscle tone is still pressing my chest like hell. Hope that in the pain clinic they can give me some aswers...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 26th, 2015, 3:55 am

Im sitting at doctors office in pain clinic...showing my hurting muscle and doctor said....there is almost no muscle there. Is this my end?? I guess so. High muscle tone and atrophy....i loose my head..
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on May 26th, 2015, 11:19 am

Might he be saying it CANNOT be atrophy, because we don't have muscles in the area where you have complaint?? Which muscle do you say hurts? I showed an area to my neuro where I thought I had atrophy and he said it cannot be because we do not have muscle in that area, only tendons and bones. So, actually, I think I have swelling in the areas around which make the area in question appear smaller.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby German2 on May 26th, 2015, 1:29 pm

No that was not the case leflea, but thanks for the supporting words. She said explicitely...this muscle feels like it is diluted. It is almost not there...Maybe atrophy is your problem....Yippieehh! What a good start in the pain clinic.

I know that I loose my muscle mass. Even my small daughters asked me about the wrinkels at my lower arms...
Anyway. I went to a private neuro afterwards and spent a lot of money in an EMG (one muscle!!) of my lower arm and an NCV of medianus to see whether it could be pnp. (Sulcus would not make sense because it is affected anyway). Outcome: perfect NCV, EMG of that one muscle clean...Ok he poked in just 2 times. But as far as I know there could be false positive but barely false negative outcome, am I correct? So if something is developing, it does still hide...Strenth test was also ok...But my pain in lower arm muscles is extreme...And the doctor is right. It feels and looks like atrophy..
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group