still scared please help

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

still scared please help

Postby Kevo5684 on May 17th, 2015, 5:12 pm

I have been twitching and other various stuff like back cramping and I also have dizzyness and etc for about a 1 yr and 9 months my problem is honestly I just can't get this *** thaught out of my head I don't have any weakness but I am constantly scared I have a very diff time with ocd but I got rid of it before the twitching then of course I Googled and the twitching went crazy and then the anxiety came and then with all that bad anxiety my ocd came back so it's like one fuels the other aby advice or pointers on how not to live in fear would be greatly appreciated
Kevo5684

Re: still scared please help

Postby Kev74 on May 17th, 2015, 6:42 pm

I developed terrible health anxieties also to the point of becoming a hypochondriac for awhile, so I know how miserable that can be. Here are some things that helped me:

Obviously the first thing to remember is Google is not always your friend. Don't Google your own symptoms because it's a poor substitute for an actual diagnoses and we always focus on the worst case scenarios we come across.

The time factor helps. The longer you go with your symptoms the longer you can be assured that it is nothing serious. If you've been going for a year and 9 months then it's not likely the dreaded diseases that most here worry about.

If your like most of us you probably had Anxiety issues before all this started, and from personal experience anxiety can create all sorts of symptoms. You can either get professional help or go the self-help route. If you do the latter look up CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy).

If you haven't been to the doctor yet then you might want to just to put your fears to rest. Once they do a physical and everything checks out fine you can rest assured it is most likely anxiety.

I don't know what your beliefs are but for me my faith helped me immensely and gave me hope at my lowest point.

Finally, it's good to come here early on for assurance and support but after awhile I think it starts to become detrimental and it's necessary to cut the cord so to speak. Maybe your not there yet, but when the time comes put all this behind you and don't look back. Anyways, hope that helps.
Kev74

Re: still scared please help

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group