My trip to the neuro

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My trip to the neuro

Postby d4twitch on May 12th, 2015, 12:09 pm

So I've been twitching now for roughly ~12months and just now had my first neurologist appointment as I finally scheduled one a few weeks back. The guy isn't ALS specialized by any means but still seemed to generally understand it pretty well. He just checked my reflexes and hand/arm strength and also had me say a few specific words in succession (I guess to check for slurring). He also checked my tongue and said nothing going on in there was significant or looked like ALS.

He told me straight up he thought I was just an anxious/stressed person who drank too much caffeine (and I guess I am all of those things :P). He said he gets people with bodywide twitching fairly commonly and they're almost always high anxiety. As far for my months of throat clearing, he insinuated I needed to continue down a path of trying allergy and acid reflux meds and he also suggested that I might have developed it as a tic, though I honestly don't believe it to be a tic. He thought my tongue scalloping was interesting, but didn't believe it had anything to do with a neurological disorder in my case. He suggested botox for my teeth grinding if it got really bad.

About it. It was pretty quick overall.
d4twitch

Re: My trip to the neuro

Postby Dual_CoRed on May 12th, 2015, 12:36 pm

That's great news congrats!
Dual_CoRed

Re: My trip to the neuro

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group